Thread: Door Opening "X" Bars as Side Protection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
    Please don't think I am trying to say my cage is perfect, just trying to give some insight to the thoughts I put into it, especially as I said my biggest fear is being T-Boned.
    I don't want to come across as a know-it-all either. As I have told some others, there is more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to these things. Both design types have merits and drawbacks. The important thing is to build/buy a cage that YOU will feel safe in and meets the standards of the GCR. These discussions are generally healthy and provide some insight for folks going through that process.

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
    I don't want to come across as a know-it-all either. As I have told some others, there is more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to these things. Both design types have merits and drawbacks. The important thing is to build/buy a cage that YOU will feel safe in and meets the standards of the GCR. These discussions are generally healthy and provide some insight for folks going through that process.
    I have to agree. I find it humorous that the first cage I had in my C car worked just how I needed it to. Then when I built the A car I had a whole different mentality of what I that was right and modified accordingly. THen I saw what you and Xian were doing and have another completely different mentality.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
    I have to agree. I find it humorous that the first cage I had in my C car worked just how I needed it to. Then when I built the A car I had a whole different mentality of what I that was right and modified accordingly. THen I saw what you and Xian were doing and have another completely different mentality.
    Very true... I saw some nifty things on Jeff's cage that I liked

FWIW, back to the question about side impact penetration... here is "my" solution to it:

By "my" I mean "Chris Schimmel at Competition Cages" Similar to Kirk's cage, my door bars project out into the door cavity and should end up in compression in the instance of a side impact.

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear