Thread: Nissan's in ITA

Default Nissan's in ITA

I posted something in the car specific forum, but after 70 views, no one commented.

I recently bought a SSC prep 200SX SE-R, and am converting it to IT. I don't think there are a lot of these racing out there, but I was curious if anyone knows of someone who is, I would like to ping them.

I know the older nx2000's, Sentra's and 240's do well, but I can't seem to find anyone running the newer B14 chassis.

At worst, it's a good starter car, but may not have a chance against the Honda's..
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Bill,
    Only one I am aware of is Naji Dahi (sp?) out in California.
    He posts over on the race section at www.sr20forum.com/road-racing/
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Quote Originally Posted by EV View Post
    I posted something in the car specific forum, but after 70 views, no one commented.
    How'd we miss that....?

I can't seem to find anyone running the newer B14 chassis.
    As noted above, there's Naji. You should be able to find him "around".

The B14 Sentra is pretty much the same car as the B13, with the notable exception of the beam rear suspension versus independent. Given the B13 chassis' strong point is power, and to make the strut suspension "handle" we basically lock down the rear with geenormous swaybars and tons of spring, I don't necessarily see that as a minus...

I think you can make one as fast as the B13...

A friend of mine has run two events now (Gimli motorsports park, north of Winnipeg Manitoba) with his, a 98. I run a twincam Neon, and powerwise, we are close, with me gaining a carlength from the green flag on a 1/4 mile straight. My engine is fresh and chipped, his is 150,000 km and stock ecu. Both have similar header/intake etc. Suspensionwise, we built (prototyped?) some struts using Koni race inserts, Volvo 240 tubes cut and modified, and Ground control plates and coilovers. Forgive me not knowing the numbers- he is the parts guy, I just do the fabrication. The fronts were fairly easy, rears are a bit interesting, but they work ok- we need to re-do the rear bottom mount because of a twisting issue, but its a pretty easy change. He has some sort of Ebay front bar, and a Speedway rear bar. Brakes are tiny, 5 hours of track time has the rotors grooved away badly using Hawk blues I think. My Neon is lovely and predictable and just a touch loose in high speed sweepers, his is a bit twitchy and can get a bit scary on cold tires. He has much more success defending against the H cars in low speed tight turns than I do with my 104" wheelbase.

I dunno if it could ever be a competitive national level car, but I'd say it is every bit as much fun, and will become as competitive as I could make my Neon for club racing.

Forgot to mention- Colin Allan is his name, Big C on message boards. I think he may have questioned you in the past Greg. He's always willing to talk Nissans or racing. I will let him know to look here soon- He's on the road right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerlinn View Post
    Bill,
    Only one I am aware of is Naji Dahi (sp?) out in California.
    He posts over on the race section at www.sr20forum.com/road-racing/
    Guess which one is Naji's and which is mine

Naji just returned to racing having had to repair his car and then had other personal problems. I just saw him at the last Cal-Club regional, he took a 2nd then a 1st in ITA. In the photo he was running Radial Sedan, which allowed way more mod's. I'll let him fill you in, but basically I think the car's classed very close and out here seems to do well on our wide open type tracks.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Very cool, thanks!

Maybe since he's on the left coast, and I am on the east coast, he be willing to share some insider info on helping me make this thing competitive.

This weekend I installed a fat progress rear bar so we will see in 2 weeks how she does (track day scheduled)
    Enjoy,
    Bill