Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OVR Autumn Classic 27.5 @ Mid-Ohio

Default OVR Autumn Classic 27.5 @ Mid-Ohio

Anyone planning to attend? I'll be there with my ITA Civic. Shawn Hobbs will have the ITC Fiat. Roger Schroer should be bringing my SSC ZX2. (for sale! )

Love racing @ Mid-Ohio in October. Hopefully the weather is crazy like last time! I love running in the rain - then dry - then a little rain - then dry - then still dry - then...
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    Hopefully the weather is crazy like last time! I love running in the rain - then dry - then a little rain - then dry - then still dry - then...
    I'm going to punch you if it rains again. Please, please, please be nice out! Crappy weather does nothing for me as I try to get this car moving. This event's the last one before the ARRC, and I haven't really got to try anything out since the IT Fest.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I was going to drag the Neon down with one fresh engine, but as it turns out I will be at the Run-Offs. Have fun, wish I could be there, see you at the ARRC.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Planning on being there - running showroom stock ITB!!!!!!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

I'll be there. ITC. Bring the rain.
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Ya'll have fun - I'll be driving a big-ass moving truck to Florida that weekend as I deliver my parents to their new home. I wonder if Budget has a policy against bump-drafting?
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    I'll be there. ITC. Bring the rain.
    uh, no.
    "I came, I saw, I broke"

Subject: MID-OHIO TEST & TUNE SPECIAL DATE FOR OVR SCCA PARTICIPANTS
    -Fri., October 10, 2008

Participants of the OVR SCCA regional, October 11-12, can get on track for this special Test & Tune session at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on Friday, October 10. Use this program to scrub some tires, calibrate your brakes and get your car set up for a weekend of racing at Mid-Ohio! A detailed Track Walk conducted by The Mid-Ohio School's instructors is also available for an additional fee in the morning.
    PRICE: $150 (exceptional OVR SCCA value as regular Test & Tune is $195 for guaranteed 60 minutes of track time) *Includes three 25-minute sessions on track (12:00 noon - approx. 4:30 p.m.
    with driver's meeting at 11:45 a.m.)
    *A track walk is available for an additional $50 fee (10:00 a.m. - 11:30
    a.m.)

Enroll in advance please at www.midohioschool.com or by calling 877-793-8667!
    Drivers that will be participating in the track walk should plan on checking in on the 2nd floor of the Goodyear Tower between 8:30AM-10:00AM.
    Drivers that will NOT be participating in the track walk should plan on checking in on the 2nd floor of the Goodyear Tower between 10:30AM-12:00PM.
    Drivers will be split into groups based on type of car. You must use your own competition car, and the car must meet your Series' safety requirements.
    If multiple drivers will be using one car, the first driver must pay full price of class and each additional driver must pay 50 percent of price of the class. No passengers in any car - at any time.

All cars are subject to random inspections throughout the test sessions.

Driver Eligibility: All drivers must present proof of a current SCCA, NASA Competition or HPDE4 license, Professional Sports Car Racing, VSCDA, SVRA, Vintage National License, RCCA, Pro-Rally, NASCAR, CART, FIA, EMRA, car club competition license or CASC license. Certificates documenting the completion of a racing course from an accredited driving school within the past 12 months may also be accepted.

Patty Schwall
    Customer Relations Coordinator
    The Mid-Ohio School
    877-793-8667
    [email protected]
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

I'll be there. Especially looking forward to the handicap race. If it's anything like the last one a few weeks ago, when the SRFs caught eveybody en masse only 2-3 laps from the end, it'll be insane!

Handicap competitors please take note: I am excited to announce that it's "Open Season" on my left front fender! Already a bit mangled, it comes off after the weekend for a new one before I put the car to bed for the winter.

Cheers to all. See you at the track.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    I'll be there. Especially looking forward to the handicap race. If it's anything like the last one a few weeks ago, when the SRFs caught eveybody en masse only 2-3 laps from the end, it'll be insane!
    I tried like hell to hold those guys off, but there's not much you can do when they get in formation. I lost third, the final paying spot, on the last lap. First non-SRF, but no monies. If I only wouldn't have ran the car off at the carousel on the first lap like a dummy...
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    I tried like hell to hold those guys off, but there's not much you can do when they get in formation. I lost third, the final paying spot, on the last lap. First non-SRF, but no monies. If I only wouldn't have ran the car off at the carousel on the first lap like a dummy...
    I believe a few of those SRFs will be at the RunOffs... (At least the ones that finished #1 and #2) I'm really looking forward to this race weekend! New brakes should make for a little more fun all weekend! (and a little less pucker factor!)
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

You know Matt, all new brakes are going to do is slow you down, and that's really not your style.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Will the late entry fee be waived?
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

If you're on the fence about coming this weekend, get off it....

Friday - Sunny, 71°/47°, 10%
    Saturday - Mostly Sunny, 77°/51°, 0%
    Sunday - Partly Cloudy, 75°/49°, 20%

When it comes to racing weather, it doesn't get much better than that.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    Will the late entry fee be waived?
    Call the registrar tonight and see what she can do for you. Faxing an entry over now is WAY better than showing up at the track as a late entry. (Pre-work is easier than at the track work...)

Hope to see you all there (tomorrow!!!)
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Yes, Ill be there.

any idea how many ITA entries there are?
    see ya'll there
    Last edited by ITA_honda; 10-09-2008 at 11:51 AM.

I just got back from Te Puke A. Any results, how did things go?
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

I won ITA both days with Downing finishing second. On Saturday he hounded my real, real bad while he ran a personal best of a 1:45.06, so huge congrats to him on that. Knocking on the door of 1:44's, which I bet still to this day less than ten ITA cars have done at Mid Ohio. Awesome job by him. I FINALLY found the problem with my car Saturday night that's been making it suck with the help of my Dad and Shawn Hobbs. So wait, having the inner bushing of your FLCA wobbling back and forth half an inch is a bad thing?! Yea, that's been going on since Sunday at the IT Fest. I suck for not finding it sooner. Promptly picked up a second on Sunday after fixing it, while on crappy tires.

Ready for Atlanta, with nothing to fix but only things to improve.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Note to self. Never sign-up for a Handicap Race if unless they take your time from the same track configuration that you will racing on and enforcing the rule that if you are 10% faster during the race than the time you qualified with your DQ'd. There was no reason for an ITE Vette to start 5 seconds after an ITC Jetta which started 1:09 behind an ITB Volvo.
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

It was my first time @ Mid-Ohio. Ive been a spectator ever since I was like 5, but 1st competition race. Saturday wasnt so sweet. I made the wrong adjustment on my sway bar. so in the race I was pushing toward the end AND the rear of the car was loose
    that sucked!
    I started about 3/4 of the way back on Saturday when the Miata's wrecked at the start. everyone checked up and I now have orange RX-7 paint on my front end

But Sunday went a lot better for me as I was learning the track quickly. This is my first year racing and Im used to racing at Nelson Ledges where you really slow down for corners!! It felt so weird having to slow down so much!! But I did gain a great appreciation for the lay out. Its one hell of a track! LOVE IT!