Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Neat and clean appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Not true. I'd much prefer to have a pretty car like it was when I finished building it. At the same point I recognize and accept that shit happens and I might not be able to get it back to that condition due to various constraints. Vaughn's car is a great example. It looks nice, but has some battle wounds. So what. We're CLUB racing and most of us are not trying to solicit sponsors. Having a car looking super pretty doesn't seem to do much to deter things in many pro racing venues. Gesh, BTCC is a prime example. LOL
    True, but in the BTTC (my favorite racing of all time), they get paid, and they aren't wrecking their cars! That's exactly my point. Since we don't have that kind of money, and most of us have to fix our own rides, shouldn't there be a bit more emphasis on minimizing contact? (e.g. recent lemons, most car marque club racing and vintage racing). I realize there's contact, and the few times where me and somebody else got a little close and rubbed tires is no biggie (and we laughed about it post races in most cases), but the intentional crashing into each other to secure a line should get more attention, thats all. I've been rear ended hard several times with no penalty to the offenders. That ain't racing, thats just being a jerk. I'm not saying this as sour grapes from the back of the field either!

PS, the BTTC seems to be showing a bit of life again after it kinda of fell apart due to cost... hopefully will get back to its former excitement.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies. It is nice to have a place to be able to get information from such a wide range of peers.

Thanks to all the SCCA officials as they were all very nice and respectful. In the end the "fix it for the next season'' was the final decision. I want to also point out again that that point was made to me very quickly after the RA event, so I am very pleased with the process.

To make my decision easier, the car made contact with another guardrail at ACC (Same place the previous damage occurred, that place doesn't like my car) and will be getting new body panels all the way around for next season. I look forward to running another SCCA event next year.
    Jared Cromas
    2012-2010 & 2008 Midwestern Council ITA Champion
    2008 Midwestern Council Driver of the Year
    SCSCC Race Steward
    #111 FP/ST '90 Gold/Blk Acura Integra

Good to hear of the resolution - but bummer about the new, longer list of repairs!

I guess if you wanna look on the bright side - by the time you return to the track next year, you'll be fully acquainted with the methods and tools for DIY body repairs!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com