Thread: Neat and clean appearance?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Neat and clean appearance?

Well, I finally did my first SCCA event at Road America the weekend of Sept 13th. Overall I had fun, but had one bad experience. I want to post hear to get some opinions from fellow IT racers.

I had to get my car teched, which went great. Three gentlemen were looking it over and didn't give any indication that anything was even close to causing a problem. At the very end, one gentleman decided that they needed to write up my driver’s side body damage. I asked them what that meant, and that's when they informed me that it means I would have to fix the damage before I could race another SCCA event. I told them that the damage that is left is the result of fixing the much worse body damage that occurred from hitting a guardrail earlier in the year. I fixed the damage to my liking and have no intention of fixing it further. I believe that I maintain a stock looking body line (to be legal per body repair rules) while presenting a car suitable for competition (it ain't perfect, but it hit a wall). I appealed to the Chief Steward after the event and even to another regional SCCA official later in the week to remove the notation so that I can race SCCA again. Currently, I am still waiting for a response. I would like to hear opinions from fellow IT racers as to whether they think the damage is bad enough to be written up or that SCCA is being picky and this car should be allowed to race. Here are pictures of the car before and after my fix (after the fix is actually as raced at RA). Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jared Cromas
    2012-2010 & 2008 Midwestern Council ITA Champion
    2008 Midwestern Council Driver of the Year
    SCSCC Race Steward
    #111 FP/ST '90 Gold/Blk Acura Integra