I love our club and I am thankful to see many of us who share the desire for the club to show a little class by trying to keep our hot rods looking decent, clean and not too banged up. I also like to bring a good looking car to the track, but unfortunately it is not always possible to keep up with work, home and auto repairs in time for the next race. I recall not too many years ago that one of my fellows accused me of keeping the racer tape companies in production.

Looking at some old pictures of cars past, I see that it was true. I am thankful for the stewards that had patience to let me have some time between repairs. I used to think that new paint just gave some guys something to aim for so I didn't always replace fenders promptly when the repairs weren't looking professional or even good.

Thanks and Kudos go out to Mike Engelke, Cen-Div Exec Steward, for speaking up for moderation. Jared's car wasn't so bad that it shouldn't be allowed to continue entering events. At the same time, the tech inspector reminded him that we do try to uphold some level of standards on appearance and he should plan on making some cosmetic repairs in addition to the rough repairs already attempted. Jared's car didn't look so bad and the answers to his question here helped him define the consensus of opinions of his fellow club members as to what was considered acceptable and desirable in appearance in our club..

I am all in favor of Slopok's idea when he suggested,
Lets have a bunch of shit boxes running around. If you can't afford to fix body damage you should not be in this sport period.
That's a great idea. We could make a separate class for clunkers. And we could give them their own time to run too, on Saturday nights. Oh yea and on their own track. We'll call it roundy-round racing, where rubbin' is racin'. Say shit boxes three times and see if it doesn't make you smile.