As usual I am entering into an area I know little about...... but that is what you guys are for. I have been giving some thought to buying a SSC or SSB car for a trip through the dreaded national race scene next year. RAmerica is one of my favorites, and going to the ROs once would probably be plenty for this "sandyroots" racer (grassroots is higher up the chain!) With that in mind I have been sniffing around different BBs and come across several different cars. The best deals seem to be on B or C cars that are close to the end of SS eligibility. ( Yeah I want to be able to decently compete in SS, but I am not exactly looking to climb any ladders as I have "high anxiety"!) One of my questions is, "would there be any IT value in these cars after their SS days?" One is a 2000 Civic Si. The other is a 02 RSX s. (There are others, but $wise these look in the ballpark.)
Being that I doubt I would run more then one SS season, my next question is, "converted to IT would they be competitive" (if done right?)
Thanks for any feedback.