Thread: SJR 50 years at speed on Thunderbolt

Default SJR 50 years at speed on Thunderbolt

I went up to NJMP to see what all the buz was about and I have to say that the facility, staff, SJR workers were world class. Thunderbolt was absolutely incredible and a blast to run! If your looking for a good end of season race I would highly suggest heading to the SCCA race coming up in October. The course was FAST and technical with a very tricky decreasing radius turn.

I ran the rabbit GTI in ITB against all the other ITS cars (no ITB cars showed up). It was a ton of fun and all the RX7 guys and Steve Hoffman in the integra were awesome to watch battle. I tried my best not to get in the way and they were all great sportsman and didn't seem to mind me in the mix.

Since no one else showed up, I guess the ITB track record for now is a 138.5 on Thunderbolt. All in all I thought it was pretty cool to be the first ITB car ever to run Thunderbolt.

Thanks again to Terry Hanushek and the rest of the volunteers and workers for great weekend. I will post my in-car as soon as I figure out how to transfer it from mini dv tape to my computer.

Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

I agree 100%. Just wish my RX-7 could keep up with your Rabbit!

The 'stink' in the car wasn't coming from me ot my driving ability, the clutch is roasted.

Even with a small car count the racing was a blast! I learned a lot from Matt and Steve, those 2 were hooked up.

Can't wait till the rest of the area catches the need for spped and excitement and make it to NJMP.

See you all in October on Lightning.

Darrell
    #27 ITS

Great race. Tristan you really know how to throw that thing around! thats a quick ITB car. Darrell, great seeing ya as always, I know youll have that clutch together for october. Im so excited about that race im skipping the narrc-offs to save my tires! great run by steve, and all the other ITS guys. fun track though im still a lightning guy

SJR, my hats off to you, and to the track management. This was my first visit to NJMP, and I can not wait to get back. Even with appropriate runoff, the track has the right amount of technical and the right amount of pucker factor. The event went very smoothly, from my perspective, except for the car show traffic interfering with group 7 getting to grid for their race. No matter, I was in group 8

Any chance the lap times will be up-loaded to MyLaps? I need to figure out if I am consistently slower than Chris Humphrey and Mike, or only when it matters!

Congrats to Mike, again, for the IT7 win. I wish I could have stayed in the freight train for longer than I did.
    Dave Youngren
    NER ITA RX7 #71