Thread: New guy here...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New guy here...

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Vincent and I live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I am currently building what I hope to soon one day be an ITS RX-7 FC3S. Starting off it will "try" to run the car in CSP for Autox and run in a few PDX's, but over the winter I hope to put a cage in the car and enter a few events next spring-mostly depending on money.

I hope to learn alot from you guys, so far I've learned so much about my car and have done lots of performance modifications for the track including a full ISC Racing suspension, radiator, oil cooler, 5 bolt swap, fuel system upgrades, and soon I will have a LSD in the car as well.

-Vince

Welcome!

Talk to Andy at Flatout, they definitely know how to make the "S" Rx7's fly!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

welcome... good to see another rx7 not that they need another one lol but I am a fan

just a heads up, when making mods to the car try to keep them IT legal unless you want to/can undo them later...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Oh no, another one of those darn "S' RX7's. Just when I am getting to the point of getting around the Spec 7's too!! :cool:

Just kidding, welcome to the fray. In case somebody doesn't mention it, the Roebling RR school is set for the first weekend in February, I think. I am just up the road from you in Huntsville.

Good luck and normally TVR holds a tech session for annual inspections a week or two before the school. Of course, so does Alabama region but RIch travels from Huntsville to hlep them out.

Good luck and welcome again.

Paul

Oh, forgot to add there is a pdx coming up at "Little Talladega" in October. Details are at DLB racing or at alscca.org
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Seat time, seat time, seat time................... Most important thing!!

Piece of advice #2 (coming from someone who didn't do this and was years behind the curve because of it!) hook up with another IT racer in your area. Help them out at the track a few weekends, make friends with them and ask lots of questions (buying them beer doesn't hurt either ) use them as a resource. Most racers have big egos and love to talk about their cars and racing and how to help YOU go faster.

Good luck!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Seat time, seat time, seat time................... Most important thing!!

Piece of advice #2 (coming from someone who didn't do this and IS years behind the curve because of it!)
    Good luck!!
    Fixed that for you!

(I kill myself!)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com