Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy here...

I would look here. http://www.mazdaspeeddevelopment.com/partsprogram.htm Mazda has a great program for racers.

I have already registered with them...just have to send in my credentials so that they can activate my account...

-Vincent.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyV81 View Post
    ... Must of happened when I did the five lug swap...
    Vinny: Not sure if anyone mentioned this but unless another car on your spec line uses the 5 lug hubs this modification will not fly in IT. Don't know much about RX7s, sorry if I'm uninformed.

The GXL model of the same year had 5 lug wheels I believe. It was my understanding that almost all parts are interchangeable as long as they are off the same model car?

-Vincent

yea that swap is okay on a RX
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I sent the hubs and rear rotors to the machine shop this morning. Should pick them up tomorrow. Then hopefully next week we can get the suspension dialed in.

-Vincent.

Well I got the LSD installed over the weekend. It was definately a learning experience. It locks up real nice and it feels alot more "connected" in the rear. It's also nice to spin over both tires...lol.

Now it's off to Chuck's place this week to get everything setup correctly.

-Vincent.

Well to give everyone an update, the car is now together-but still have not had it weighted or aligned yet.

After I got everything together, I noticed that I have a small rub with the tire getting into the front springs. So I ordered some longer ARP studs and 1/2" spacers to go all the way around to give me a little less offset in my wheels and a little more trac width.

Problem is that they were supposed to come in Friday and they didn't make it on time. Saturday I was supposed to take it to Chuck's place, but because the parts weren't there I couldn't go(among other reasons). Now Chuck is very busy working on his car for the ARRC and with other things and he's not going to be able to help me out before TGPR on the 25th.

So now I've got to find someone who has a set of scales and is willing to help me get the car weighted and to get my alignment to where it needs to be. The ride height is close, but I know that the camber on the front and rear is not where it needs to be. I'd like to learn how to do all of this stuff, and with all of the unexpected costs-I'm out of money to really pay anyone to do this for me.

Suggestions?

-Vincent.

Well to give everyone an update, I did get the new studs and spacers put on my car-which totally fixed my tire rubbing issue. The sad thing is that I can no longer run my center caps...lol. Who needs center caps anyway, eh?

The only thing that sucks now is that I won't be able to get my car corner weighted or aligned before the TGPR PDX due to a lack of funds... Money goes in a hurry when your building one of these cars...lol. This is really all I have left to do and the car should be good to go.

-Vincent.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyV81 View Post
    . The sad thing is that I can no longer run my center caps...lol. Who needs center caps anyway, eh?

-Vincent.

Not a bad thing. Not sure how yours attaches, but ever see a center cap come off a wheel at 100+ MPH?

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Yeah I know, but they just kinda look funny without them. They are the twist and lock kind, so they shouldn't ever fly off. Now I need to sell them...lol.

-Vincent.