Thread: Thoughts About ARRC 2009...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Thoughts About ARRC 2009...

... based on the anticipated "challenges" we're facing with this year's groupings.

Most of you know I'm not afraid to shake things up a bit if it results in a better experience for everyone involved. To that end - and to keep if from getting lost in the other threads where everyone is beating me up about 2008 - I'd like to solicit opinions on some options. Again, none of this would be in effect for 2008, but I like to plan ahead.

As Bowie suggests in the other thread, the Friday afternoon Pro-IT needs to stay for a number of reasons:
    (a) it gives people a chance for additional track time
    (b) people would be even less inclined to have their championship race on Friday than they would on Sunday
    (c) the extra revenue helps us make ends meet

Question #1 - Do y'all care about the "Pro" aspect of Friday's race? Drop the cash payouts and we'd drop the entry fee to $150 like the Sunday Bonus race.

Question #2 - In case that race is oversubscribed, we'd first drop those not registered for any other races that weekend (encourages double-dipping). If still oversubscribed, drop "locals" first (reduces the home court advantage). If STILL oversubscribed, go with our current oversubscription procedures. Agree or Disagree?

I'm inclined to NOT run a Championship race on Sunday because most folks (except those running the Enduro) want it as a travel day. The best answer I can come up with right now is to have nine races on Saturday.

Question #3 - If it allows us to have nine races on Saturday, would you be willing to chop laps off of YOUR Championship race? i.e. - we're currently running 20 laps, would you be willing to run 17 (or go to a timed race - I just thought of that while editing my post) instead if it helped make the run groups more homogenous? And yes, the extra (fifth) run group would be for the IT/SM world, NOT among us real race cars.

No decisions will be made until after November, so you can certainly talk to me at the track about either of these ideas if you'd rather not post here. I just want to get a feel for what y'all are willing to accept.

See ya...
    Last edited by Butch Kummer; 09-15-2008 at 04:36 PM.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion