Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gateway in October!

Because the track is short and fast (high average speed) times are compressed. You cannot assume time spreads based on other tracks in the division or around the country. Gateway is that different.

At Gateway aren't the GT1 cars averaging in 1:00 - 1:01 lap times? A good IT7 time is just 13-14 seconds slower than that. Now, at MAM the same cars are like 25 (or more) seconds apart.

So an IT7 car that is 1 second slower than an SM at Gateway is the same as the 2-4 second spread everywhere else.

Anyway.......watcha doing that has you sooooo busy Travis????
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    I know the SM's have been in the low 1:12's (not this summer), sorry my wording was confusing. I meant that the ITS cars have never been anywhere close to 1:07. I would be happy to make 1:15.
    no problem.

if a SM is down 15hp, weight, suspension, tires, aero, etc to a good ITA miata, how much faster should the ITA car be?

If an ITA miata is down 25hp from an ITS miata, how much faster should the ITS car be?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by mustanghammer View Post
    Because the track is short and fast (high average speed) times are compressed. You cannot assume time spreads based on other tracks in the division or around the country. Gateway is that different.
    the short track thing is a valid point i thought about, but i figured that was kinda nullified in that in my mind, the track is still a big drag race

At Gateway aren't the GT1 cars averaging in 1:00 - 1:01 lap times? A good IT7 time is just 13-14 seconds slower than that. Now, at MAM the same cars are like 25 (or more) seconds apart.
    and how many Nationally competitive GT1 cars do we have around here?

Anyway.......watcha doing that has you sooooo busy Travis????
    attending my own wedding. and even if i wasn't....
    1) i haven't renewed my liscense or membership this year
    2) my car is.....how do you say........um......broken?
    3) i don't rent cars, ESPECIALLY at concrete jungles like GIR. way way way too big of risk to the bank account.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I see your point, sounds like someone needs to build a good ITS miata and go win some races.

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    no problem.

if a SM is down 15hp, weight, suspension, tires, aero, etc to a good ITA miata, how much faster should the ITA car be?

If an ITA miata is down 25hp from an ITS miata, how much faster should the ITS car be?

and how many Nationally competitive GT1 cars do we have around here?

Bll Gray......I believe he has one National Championship to his credit

attending my own wedding. and even if i wasn't....
    1) i haven't renewed my liscense or membership this year
    2) my car is.....how do you say........um......broken?
    3) i don't rent cars, ESPECIALLY at concrete jungles like GIR. way way way too big of risk to the bank account.[/quote]

Gee, I would think the wedding was enough!!
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

yes, if Bill Gray is doing 1:01.xxx, i would say that is certainly credible.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Taking wagers for RX-7 IT7/ITA lap times during the weekend:

1. Scott Peterson 1:14.250
    2. Matt Rivard 1:14.982
    3. Charles Casteel 1:15.220
    4. Scott Goble 1:16.500
    5. Curt Faigle 1:17.650
    6. Trey Scott 1:17.850
    7. Bud Scott 1:18.250 (ITA)
    8. Fred Hunter 1:18.300

I say we all chip in 10 bucks to a pool and closest total time winner gets the pot. Lap times may be during qualifying or a race. This is not a finishing order, just lap times.

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    does anyone know where the bonus regional moves to next year?
    Anyone?
    Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

Quote Originally Posted by SLUF View Post
    Taking wagers for RX-7 IT7/ITA lap times during the weekend:

1. Scott Peterson 1:14.250
    2. Matt Rivard 1:14.982
    3. Charles Casteel 1:15.220
    4. Scott Goble 1:16.500
    5. Curt Faigle 1:17.650
    6. Trey Scott 1:17.850
    7. Bud Scott 1:18.250 (ITA)
    8. Fred Hunter 1:18.300

I say we all chip in 10 bucks to a pool and closest total time winner gets the pot. Lap times may be during qualifying or a race. This is not a finishing order, just lap times.
    I'm flattered but i have never come close to that time. The car has - just not with me in it. Of course I will try my best!

If they have newer tires Charles and Matt will be tough
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

I will be on new tires, but would be very happy to see that time. I don't know my best lap from before but it was not that fast. The only reason I went as fast as I did is because I was following Albin, when he is not around I get a lot slower.

Quote Originally Posted by keycom View Post
    Anyone?
    Frequently, the Bonus Race location isn't identified until the schedule for that year is solidified.

The 2009 schedule is in the works, but not solidified. And because I'm purposely not in the loop on that stuff anymore, I can't give any previews, either.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

I'm in for the $10.00 pot and will be glad to donate it as I assume I'll be mid-pack. Casteel beat me by a nose at the Sunday Hallet race a couple of months ago so I have him on my radar (Great race Charles). Is there some way we can all meet and greet at the track? I'll probably park in the covered garage so look for me (yellow RX7 with blue stripe #03). I think it would be great to arrange a meet before Sat qualifying. Any ideas?
    Scott Goble
    Ozark Mountain Region
    Nixa, MO
    [email protected]
    (417) 848-7584

Quote Originally Posted by ishod View Post
    I'm in for the $10.00 pot and will be glad to donate it as I assume I'll be mid-pack. Casteel beat me by a nose at the Sunday Hallet race a couple of months ago so I have him on my radar (Great race Charles). Is there some way we can all meet and greet at the track? I'll probably park in the covered garage so look for me (yellow RX7 with blue stripe #03). I think it would be great to arrange a meet before Sat qualifying. Any ideas?
    Okay, I put some skin in the game too - $10. I'll look you up in the garage.

By the way, what does the garage rent for and is that an arrangement I make through the track?
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Garage rent is handled through the track. I think its 50 a day but don't quote me on that. I'll try to get you an email posted up today for contact info.

I tried to convince Trey to let me run IT7 instead of ITA but he's being a little ****head about it! I hate kids!

I wouldn't mind a little meet and/or beer time on Saturday either.

While I know that there's no "reserving" parking spaces, I'm sure if you got ahold of Burkett, the current CR Committee Chair... and rotor head.... could spread the word that there be an area for the rx7 guys park... Kinda like Miataville
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Mr. Peterson, you can contact Dan Harman ([email protected]) for information concerning the garage rental. Tell him Bud Scott sent you his way!

I will donate 10.

Default Garage Rental

This isn't very helpful but last year I believe I either paid $75 per day for garage space or maybe it was $75 for both days, I can't remember. I can tell you that all you need to do is show-up and find a garage spot. Park in it and a GIR rep will come around and collect the fee sometime over the weekend. I'm seriously thinking about doing the Friday test day so anyone who wants to pit close by please let me know and I will block-off some spaces nearby in the garage area. Let me know your name and/or car number so I can stake a claim for you.

Scott Goble
    IT7 #03
    Scott Goble
    Ozark Mountain Region
    Nixa, MO
    [email protected]
    (417) 848-7584

My dad and I are thinking about running, do they have enough cars to run the event. Also, with small numbers is it possible that they might combine classes, at least on Sunday to help get people on the road? Are they going to have a late fee or not? Any info would be appericiated and look forward to the event, the people there make it an enjoyable event to close the season out. I am also looking forward to seeing an ITA car run 1:10s and 1:09s

Looking at the entry list, they'd probably combine grp 2 & 4. The IT groups look pretty typical to a little light although the SM's are noticibly absent (not that any of the IT7 drivers would mind ) Way to go IT7 guys! I see how it is... I sell my car to Matt and then you all come out of the woodwork!

I haven't heard anything about cancellations. Entries may pick up after this weeks big to-do over at Topeka
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs