Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gateway in October!

You mean there is SCCA racing in Topeka? And NO IT cars? Wow, what a shame.

I hope the weather is great for the race weekend and everyone gets to load their cars on the trailers with all four corners on 'em. I can't make it as the IRP concrete got my racecar in May and the new one isn't ready until next year. I do enjoy GIR - interesting concrete jungle to get around quickly - and racing with you folks is a fun weekend - but then any weekend spent in a racecar is fun. Have an enjoyable weekend, Ladies and Gents, hope to see you in the spring.
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp

Quote Originally Posted by trd77 View Post
    My dad and I are thinking about running, do they have enough cars to run the event. Also, with small numbers is it possible that they might combine classes, at least on Sunday to help get people on the road? Are they going to have a late fee or not? Any info would be appericiated and look forward to the event, the people there make it an enjoyable event to close the season out. I am also looking forward to seeing an ITA car run 1:10s and 1:09s
    The St. Louis Region is committed to this event and it will be held. I am sure we will look at combining groups, but that will be a decision we will probably not make until that weekend. We do not charge a late fee. We are aware that sometimes peoples plans change in the last minute and we do not want to penalize those people. Plus we are doing everything we can to attract racers. Bring your friends, neighbors, and family because even though our turnout might be a little light we are still planning on having a great time!
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

I just signed up and this will be my first time at GIR. Although I won't be able to make it until the afternoon, I am planning to do the test day on Friday.

Does anyone have in-car video (DE or race) to share so I can get a feel for the track?

Ryan Staub
    ITS #13
    E30 325i
    96 BMW M3 - Daily
    87 BMW 325i - ITS car

Short videos of my first ever race right after my drivers school. Won the ITA class with a last lap, last corner pass of Steve Johnson in his Miata (I think it was him. Or his car.)
    No need to critique my novice ham fisted driving or brief use of the grass as a racing surface.
    But it will at least get you familiar with where the turns go.
    Pace and start.
    http://www.indyscca.org/video/200503...Intl_Start.wmv
    Finish laps.
    http://www.indyscca.org/video/200503...Final_Hoot.wmv
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

http://www.rm944.com/events/2008-04-...-%20Sunday.wmv a very LOONNGGG video but good view of the track

If you go to youtube and search for Gateway International...

Street E36 @ a PDX (Julian Cates) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdxvkffPl4[/ame]

E30 M3 during NASA's GIR Race (Damon Peak) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km-NjW7srEY[/ame]
    Last edited by Speed Raycer; 10-14-2008 at 06:23 PM.
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

is there anyone that's willing to transport a miata fender from KC to STL for me? it will be paid for in advance, so all you'll have to do is give it to Peter Zekert at the track.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I will move the fender for you, if you bring it to my house.

where do you live?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I sent my address in a pm.

Thanks for the videos guys.

Travis - I can take the fender if you'd like. We'll just need to find a time to meet up - I work at College and Metcalf in OP.
    96 BMW M3 - Daily
    87 BMW 325i - ITS car

thanks ryan.

i'm out of town tomorrow, but i'll be back friday. set a day and i'll actually meet you guys for lunch.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    thanks ryan.

i'm out of town tomorrow, but i'll be back friday. set a day and i'll actually meet you guys for lunch.
    Let's shoot for Tues-Wednesday next week. E-mail me next week to let me know which day would work best for you - e-mail is [email protected] .
    96 BMW M3 - Daily
    87 BMW 325i - ITS car

Holy Cow... There are 4 MR2's registered in A!!!!!! That's gotta be a first.
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

I hate to do this guys but it looks like Trey and I will not be able to make this weekend's race. Unless some contract payments make it in the next day or two we'll have to cancel our entries. This sucks big time but apparently you really can't use an entry fee as an excuse to the mortgage company for not making the payment. I don't get why they don't understand! Hopefully things will improve but don't count on us making the race weekend.

That is terrible news Bud, will you be coming out at all? Maybe you could sneak into my car for a qualifying session. Well not really, but I heard a funny story about this happening once. I joke with my crew man about him going out all the time. Hopefully your situation changes and you can still make it.

Matt

Does anyone have a recommendation for a place to stay while at GIR. I see the track has a deal with a Ramada 12 miles away. Is it necessary to go out that far, or are there good places closer?
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing

Try the Westin downtown, only 4 miles. I have stayed there 3 or 4 times and had a great experience every time. Of course there are many options close to that also. The rooms there are a little expensive but my wife likes it a lot.

There's a list of hotels/motels somewhere on stlscca.org http://stlscca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=28

My only recomendation - Don't stay TOO close to the track
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Okay I'll put up $10.00. I'll do my best but last time I was there in '01, I checked and I was running 1:19's. As for getting together, it looks like the test day may be cancelled. I'll be leaving KC hopefully around noon Friday. It never happens as planned, but hopefully I'll get in before dark. It doesn't look like there will be a shortage of space, but if I'm looking to paddock by the rest of you 7's where should I look?

Quote Originally Posted by ishod View Post
    I'm in for the $10.00 pot and will be glad to donate it as I assume I'll be mid-pack. Casteel beat me by a nose at the Sunday Hallet race a couple of months ago so I have him on my radar (Great race Charles). Is there some way we can all meet and greet at the track? I'll probably park in the covered garage so look for me (yellow RX7 with blue stripe #03). I think it would be great to arrange a meet before Sat qualifying. Any ideas?
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing