Thread: Gateway in October!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mr. Peterson, you can contact Dan Harman ([email protected]) for information concerning the garage rental. Tell him Bud Scott sent you his way!

I will donate 10.

Default Garage Rental

This isn't very helpful but last year I believe I either paid $75 per day for garage space or maybe it was $75 for both days, I can't remember. I can tell you that all you need to do is show-up and find a garage spot. Park in it and a GIR rep will come around and collect the fee sometime over the weekend. I'm seriously thinking about doing the Friday test day so anyone who wants to pit close by please let me know and I will block-off some spaces nearby in the garage area. Let me know your name and/or car number so I can stake a claim for you.

Scott Goble
    IT7 #03
    Scott Goble
    Ozark Mountain Region
    Nixa, MO
    [email protected]
    (417) 848-7584

My dad and I are thinking about running, do they have enough cars to run the event. Also, with small numbers is it possible that they might combine classes, at least on Sunday to help get people on the road? Are they going to have a late fee or not? Any info would be appericiated and look forward to the event, the people there make it an enjoyable event to close the season out. I am also looking forward to seeing an ITA car run 1:10s and 1:09s

Looking at the entry list, they'd probably combine grp 2 & 4. The IT groups look pretty typical to a little light although the SM's are noticibly absent (not that any of the IT7 drivers would mind ) Way to go IT7 guys! I see how it is... I sell my car to Matt and then you all come out of the woodwork!

I haven't heard anything about cancellations. Entries may pick up after this weeks big to-do over at Topeka
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

You mean there is SCCA racing in Topeka? And NO IT cars? Wow, what a shame.

I hope the weather is great for the race weekend and everyone gets to load their cars on the trailers with all four corners on 'em. I can't make it as the IRP concrete got my racecar in May and the new one isn't ready until next year. I do enjoy GIR - interesting concrete jungle to get around quickly - and racing with you folks is a fun weekend - but then any weekend spent in a racecar is fun. Have an enjoyable weekend, Ladies and Gents, hope to see you in the spring.
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp

Quote Originally Posted by trd77 View Post
    My dad and I are thinking about running, do they have enough cars to run the event. Also, with small numbers is it possible that they might combine classes, at least on Sunday to help get people on the road? Are they going to have a late fee or not? Any info would be appericiated and look forward to the event, the people there make it an enjoyable event to close the season out. I am also looking forward to seeing an ITA car run 1:10s and 1:09s
    The St. Louis Region is committed to this event and it will be held. I am sure we will look at combining groups, but that will be a decision we will probably not make until that weekend. We do not charge a late fee. We are aware that sometimes peoples plans change in the last minute and we do not want to penalize those people. Plus we are doing everything we can to attract racers. Bring your friends, neighbors, and family because even though our turnout might be a little light we are still planning on having a great time!
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

I just signed up and this will be my first time at GIR. Although I won't be able to make it until the afternoon, I am planning to do the test day on Friday.

Does anyone have in-car video (DE or race) to share so I can get a feel for the track?

Ryan Staub
    ITS #13
    E30 325i
    96 BMW M3 - Daily
    87 BMW 325i - ITS car

Short videos of my first ever race right after my drivers school. Won the ITA class with a last lap, last corner pass of Steve Johnson in his Miata (I think it was him. Or his car.)
    No need to critique my novice ham fisted driving or brief use of the grass as a racing surface.
    But it will at least get you familiar with where the turns go.
    Pace and start.
    http://www.indyscca.org/video/200503...Intl_Start.wmv
    Finish laps.
    http://www.indyscca.org/video/200503...Final_Hoot.wmv
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org