Thread: Gateway in October!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by brprok81 View Post
    Good to see all the IT's that have already announced they are coming. Hopefully the entries will continue to come in and there will be good racing for all.

Charles, there are no showers at the track. I believe there may be pay showers at the truck stop across the road, but I am not positive on this one.

On a side note: How do you like the groupings that we have for this race? With it being regional only we get flexibility in which classes run together and we try to change things up so that you can get some different cars to race against. If there is anybody who doesn't like them, what would you like to see? There might not be anything we can do for this year, but we are always looking to make things better in the future.
    My only concern is where ITS and ITR are grouped. They need to be with the rest of the IT cars. That is where these cars are at all other MiDiv events. They are familar with the other IT drivers and they are on DOT tires - not slicks. This really makes no sense to me. Bad move on STL's part.

I have no issue with IT7 being grouped with SM. The cars are compatible and it allows both SM and IT7 drivers to double dip in ITA if so inclined.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Quote Originally Posted by mustanghammer View Post
    My only concern is where ITS and ITR are grouped. They need to be with the rest of the IT cars.
    We split these of to try and spread the entries out into different groups. We never get a large field for the big bore group at this event and IT is always populated. How about the ITS/ITR drivers, what are your thoughts on running with the big bore at regionals?
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

I like not having the itr and s guys not in the field, gives the rest of the field more laps instead of being cut short by a couple usually

Steve
    #53 ITA Neon ACR
    Plan "B" Racing
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Springs

Hmmmmmm........................................... ...........

May have to trade with Trey and run IT7!!!!! I am sure there will be two more local entries, could be fun!

does anyone know where the bonus regional moves to next year?

hopefully somewhere a little more "miata friendly?"
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post

hopefully somewhere a little more "miata friendly?"
    Hmmmm.....what could be more Miata friendly than a momentum track like Gateway? Not sure their could be a better track for cars that don't have torque. An RX7 is a star at that place.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Quote Originally Posted by mustanghammer View Post
    Hmmmm.....what could be more Miata friendly than a momentum track like Gateway? Not sure their could be a better track for cars that don't have torque. An RX7 is a star at that place.
    GIR is a big drag race. a low HP car like a miata gets slaughtered around the oval.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    Anyone?
    Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

Quote Originally Posted by keycom View Post
    Anyone?
    Frequently, the Bonus Race location isn't identified until the schedule for that year is solidified.

The 2009 schedule is in the works, but not solidified. And because I'm purposely not in the loop on that stuff anymore, I can't give any previews, either.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region