There was a towing window thread on here long ago, and I tried a few of the ideas and was never really happy with any of them. I had the plastic window but it always needed some tape to keep it in place and if i towed more than a few hours it started coming loose and I always ended up taking it out (which would then cause it to rain).

So in prep for moving the car cross-country I was thinking of how to just use the glass window. And it was rediculously easy and worked awesome! It made the 2500+ mile tow from Ohio to Oregon without a hitch. This may not be as easy for non-CRXen but could be a start.

The bottom of the window has threaded inserts for the window regulator. I wanted to put bolts through the door panel to hold it up by those inserts.

I used the door stop trick from a earlier idea to keep the window against the seal.

I only had to drill one hole as the forward hole was already there for a plastic clip.

The rear hole was through a double layer panel, but a uni-bit made quick work of that.

I then threaded in two M6 fastners (yes they are too long, don't laugh at the washers, I thought I might need them) till the threads bottomed out.

That's it! There, now I've given back to the community.