Thread: And Registration Will Open???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default And Registration Will Open???

When?
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

If things go well and I don't drink myself into a (more than normal) stupor over the weekend, I expect to send the sanction package off to Topeka by the middle of next week (let's say - Sept 17). Based on history, we should have the sanction numbers back in a week, so let's guess that Registration will open around Sept. 29 or so.

No travel fund for 2008, but we WILL be implementing a gas card giveaway similar to the one at the IT-Fest (thanks, Todd). To encourage early registration, only those registered by 11/1 will be eligible for the high(er) dollar cards.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Butch,

how many or what % typically do the test day? i was looking at last year's schedule to get some idea of the event and it looked like there was only 2 hours 4-6 for registration and tech the night before the test day. it looked like it would be kind of tight depending on how many were coming in.

i plan to arrive wednesday night but might not get there by then. what kind of hours for access to the paddock?

thanks,

tom
    ITB noob
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Last year the track had four groups and a couple of them were EXTREMELY crowded (50+ cars), so this year I'm hoping they'll go to five groups even if they need to shorten them slightly. They're also very good about adjusting the groups on the fly once they see how many cars are in each. There is NO pre-registration for the test day and they DO offer a pro-rated fee depending on how many sessions are left when you sign in on Thursday.

The 4-6 times on Wednesday evening are a guideline - if there are still people in line to sign up for the test day I've never seen Joyce turn anyone away. If you get there after she's closed the window Wed night you can still move in until about 9:00 PM that evening by signing a track waiver at the gate. Test Day registration is VERY rapid - "What's your name? What's your car number and class? Is this check/credit card good?" - so even if you have to sign in first thing Thursday morning you'll still have plenty of time to make the drivers' meeting.

And for those that may be suffering from abuse withdrawal, you'll have to get your fix elsewhere now. Jim ("my initials are J.C. and today I am GOD!") Callahan no longer runs the Test Days for Road Atlanta.

See you there...
    Butch Kummer

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    And for those that may be suffering from abuse withdrawal, you'll have to get your fix elsewhere now. Jim ("my initials are J.C. and today I am GOD!") Callahan no longer runs the Test Days for Road Atlanta.

See you there...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have my girlfriend give me an extra dose of abuse to make up for it. That guy was hilarious!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Registration is now open at www.DLBRacing.com. The Supps and schedule are also available by clicking the "paperclip" icon there.

The links are not yet available from www.ARRC-Online.com, but it should be updated to include the 2008 info by this weekend.

If you hurry, you can be the second person to register for the event!
    Butch Kummer

C'mon, ITB guys - we're in danger of being overwhelmed by ITC!?!!!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com