Quote Originally Posted by Duc View Post
First thanks for all of the comments. I will always be learning.

I was a little hot coming into there, missed my braking, and had too much adrenaline flowing??? I am also running on really old RA1's which did not help.

I usually try to find the safe runoff locations, and I found that in qualifying for turn one.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

As for the patience with the Miata's, did not see any need to push it. This was the first time for the car in it's current state at. As it stands I lost my clutch at the end of the race (YouTube limits to 10 minutes). The best part was that I lost it coming into turn one, used the run off, and then limped it in. The next day we got it 95% working, but I had chewed up the third gear syncro (weak link, and a TSB for that same problem).

One other question, my understanding was that you could not run below the yellow on the banks? When I was limping it in there was a Miata running on the low side.

Yes I bought the car from Jeremy. Been slowly making some improvements/ repairs as can be. I am going to got to the Turkey Trot, and would love to do the new Moroso, but two in a month is a bit much. I am going to address the rear sway (stock) to get some oversteer, oil cooling, and repair the transmission. I am looking to pick up some tires, but I am really going to be pushing the budget for that. Plus I need more track time than getting the car setup.

Thanks for the support.
I think what happened to you was a pretty common rookie mistake...you passed the miatas just before the bustop and then you "felt" them breathing down your backside. I think you were just a little distracted so you missed your turn in.

I've felt this same thing before, and am assuming it is what happened to you. Being too preoccupied with what is going on behind you and losing concentration.

No one is fast first time out, or even with a new track to learn. I know I left 2 or 3 seconds at least out there on my best lap time.