OK, so here's the story - maybe someone can shed some light:

I've got an ITS S13. The car has always run high oil temps, so I've got an oil cooler installed in front of the radiator. I also had noticed a good bit of oil starvation on right handers, so I've also got an accusump plumbed in.

I ran a few races at Summit Point, and things seemed to be OK. Recently, however, the oil pressure even at idle would jump wildly (like a nearly instant 20 PSI drop with another quick bump back up to where it was). When I'd hold revs with the motor, it would be a similar story.

So, I took the motor out. I'm not comfortable running it like that, and it was acting up last time out at Nelson (with very high oil temps: > 280 after only 4 laps and poor pressure in the long right handers). I replaced: oil pickup, oil pump gears, oil pump cover, and the pressure relief. I rechecked all of the bearings on the bottom end and in the cams for excessive wear that may cause a large clearance and a oil "leak" point. Everything looked good. I reassembled and reinstalled.

It still seems to have the same issue. At least with some circles in front of the house. I'm going to the Glen this weekend, so I may have more information about at-speed running. However, the idle is still pretty wacky.

Letsee - FYI, I also run Mobil1 20w50. The gauges are Nordskog pro series.

So a few questions:
- Any ideas on what could cause the weird jumpy pressures?
- Anyone else find they need to run an accusump for hard right handers?
- Have others seen high oil temps with these motors?

I'm a bit disgruntled recently with the car. The original motor in it was never opened and ran 3 seasons (including 2 - 12 hour enduros, a 13 hour, and a couple 4 hour enduros). When I ran the car, the motor had > 175k miles on it, ran with no oil cooler, no accusump. And it ran for that long without issue! Despite the additions, it seems like I'm going backwards with reliability!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, all (especially if you read this whole thing!!)
joe