Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
If your point about "unique" is about the low polar moment of inertia, then yeah - I think it is a two-edged sword. It's going to yaw (rotate) quickly and with less warning and feel than something with the weight out at the ends (a la the Audi). I think someone withe appropriately quick hands will be able to take advantage of that but an old fart like me would just spin it all over the place.

This behavior would only be aggravated in the wet: Faster yet, with a hot hand, scary as sin with old reflexes.

K
a good seat-of-the-pants feel & quick hands are a must for certain in any platform such as this

the wet has never been that scary in my Mk2, turns from the neutral that I've tuned it for into mild understeer... seems like the front can never quite get enough grip to make things interesting. Though if your rears ever hydroplane while the front doesn't... watch out!!

again - I'd LOVE to get in a Mk1 and see what they're like, my only experience with one was a street Mk1 SC which did feel the same in the turns as my own car