Thread: Rear Chamber on an ITA EG

Default Rear Chamber on an ITA EG

Hi folks,

I am looking to get at least -2 degrees of chamber in the rear and need to find the best and easiet way to do this. From the rules, I figure I can use eccecntric bushings or slot the mounting holes on either end of the rear LCA.

Ideas? Thoughts? Any where I can buy eccentric bushings instead of making them?

Mickey

PS. I have ES bushings now and after some thought - I think the combination of spherical bushings and slotted mounting holes on the trailer arm would preduce the best results.
    Last edited by mossaidis; 09-07-2008 at 01:00 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

You should be able to get all the camber you'll want or need simply by getting the car to the correct ride height. Getting to -2* should be easy...
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    You should be able to get all the camber you'll want or need simply by getting the car to the correct ride height. Getting to -2* should be easy...
    Actuallt at 5", I am able to -1.5. Ideally, I would like -2.5 degrees cause I run a adj. 24mm rear bar.

BTW, how is the car build coming along? I am getting mine ready finally for the April NHMS school. I just got the roll cage put in and pushing off the serious mods, like FD, air dam and overbore until all the safety equipment is done and I have some $$.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Honestly I don't remember my exact camber figures on the rear but I believe that I was at around 1.5-1.75* at a ride height of 5.75" to the rocker panel. Are you measuring ride height at the rocker or jack tab? All Civic/Teg drivers I've talked to about rear camber are using any adjustment allowances to take camber out... not add it in.

The new build is coming along... there was a hang-up with the painter (death in the family) that has put things a bit behind schedule. Looking like it won't be ready for a logbook and race weekend until October right now.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    All Civic/Teg drivers I've talked to about rear camber are using any adjustment allowances to take camber out... not add it in.
    Agreed. I had to add positive camber to get to the levels you are looking at. I am not sure if my Teg stuff is the exact same as your Civic stuff, but its probably similar. I suggest checking the suspension carefully to make sure nothing is bent, just in case.
    Jared Cromas
    2012-2010 & 2008 Midwestern Council ITA Champion
    2008 Midwestern Council Driver of the Year
    SCSCC Race Steward
    #111 FP/ST '90 Gold/Blk Acura Integra

Quote Originally Posted by mc-integra111 View Post
    Agreed. I had to add positive camber to get to the levels you are looking at. I am not sure if my Teg stuff is the exact same as your Civic stuff, but its probably similar. I suggest checking the suspension carefully to make sure nothing is bent, just in case.
    I will check my rear height again from the rocker panel, I will check for bent parts and will report back. But I am pretty sure it's about 5.25" ride height with -1.5 degree or less of chamber. I know the car was hit "gently" from behind many years again, but I doubt that would affect the geometry that much. Thanks!
    '92 Honda Civic Si