Quote Originally Posted by avu3 View Post

I think it would be worth paying someone who knows how to tune it to teach you the basics at the dyno with your car, etc.
Those last words say it all. For the hardcore DIY crew I encourage exploring and using the MS to learn to tune too. For the race crew though... you need it right, right now. You need it dialed in to perfection on a LOAD BEARING, STEADY STATE dyno. Not a DynoJet or any other inertia dyno that's going to put unrealistic levels of load on the car causing you to tune wacky WOT advance levels, and not allow you to tune the partial throttle areas of the table at all. I'm not sure what kind of dyno avu3's car was tuned on, but I'm going to guess it was inertia only and ended up with way too much advance and very likely too little fuel, the combination of which will cause both a loss of power and detonation. A pro tuner can fudge his way through tuning WOT advance on a inertia dyno reasonably well though some guesswork is still involved, it's nothing compared to a proper steady state dyno with a good tuner. Not to mention they can tune your WHOLE table.

From a engine control standpoint, the MSPNP gives you all the capability you'll ever need. It just needs to be tuned for your engine. The base map was tuned for a stock motor, you'll have to retweak based on your setup. But the base map shouldn't be that far out. I'd be glad to help one of you guys set one up right for your car. It's easy to do and we've got the equipment. Mac-- when are you in town next?