Thread: Chris Albin injured at HPT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WOW, you don't expect to hear this. Chris is probably the top wheel in MWDIV. Just goes to show anything can happen.
    Get well quick FastGuy!
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

take it easy chris, we're all thinking of you.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Get well soon, I hope your recovery is as fast as you are on the track!!!

Raymond and the rest of the RST gang
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Default Chris' progress

Thanks for everyone's good wishes. Chris is in much better spirits tonight. The neurosurgeon came by before 8am this morning and told him that he would get a new collar (which he now has) to wear for 12 weeks. Along with follow-up x-rays, he believes that the C2 fracture will heal as long as Chris takes care of himself. The leg is actually going to be a bigger deal. He fractured the kneecap in a couple of places, so his whole left leg is immobilized in a splint which will have to stay on for a yet to be determined amount of time. He has various bruises and muscle strains, but those are to be expected. They had him up and walking with crutches this afternoon, and he is going to try to take a shower tonight (finally). We do not know how long he will be off work because we don't know who well he is going to be able to drive, even an automatic.
    The cardiologist has ordered a medical (medicine?) stress test.....no exercise, just making the heart think it is working....just to make sure that the heart was not hurt/bruised in the incident. This will be done in the morning, and he will probably be released after that.
    He will not be racing at the Runoffs or at the ARRC. The car is a write-off. We will post pictures as soon as we get a chance.
    We would like to thank everyone for their visits, calls, emails, and posts today. They mean a lot to us. We think he is going home tomorrow, so at least he will be able to rest at home.
    Thanks again.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Thanks for the update Lesley. Chris has been in our thoughts and conversations all day.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Wow ! ! was just talking to Gary of 247 parts on Sunday about Chris running at the runoffs.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and all goes well !

Get well soon, Chris!
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Great news, Lesley. The most important thing is Chris's complete recovery. All the rest of the data can be reviewed later. It's a nightmare for us all, as I'm sure his car was very well prepped. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Bruce

So, if he was wearing a Hans device, I guess you could assume his neck/spine injuries would have been much worse without one...

I've thought about getting one, but am a racer on a budget. Plus I always figured it could never happen to me

So, I assume the knee bar of the cage was crumpled in? Or did his seat shift forward? Just curious with regards to the knee injuries.
    I know we have padding on that bar, but I guess with enough force it wouldnt matter?
    Deltona, FL
    Black 1989 Suzuki Swift GTi ITB
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...67003220&hl=en