I sent this to all the participants and workers last night:

= = = = = =

I haven't studied them comprehensively, but our T&S people are world class so I'm confident what's on MyLaps is accurate (except perhaps for track records). I’m also certain Saturday’s results were posted before they left the track Saturday, and Sunday’s before leaving last night.

Saturday's event: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=350296

Sunday's event: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=351373

I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone that made this a very successful weekend for all who participated. After I stumbled out of the blocks Thursday evening, the team recovered well and most of those I talked to enjoyed the weekend. I take full responsibility for the scheduling screw-ups Thursday evening and can only assure you it won't happen again. We cannot have Registration and Paddock staff there the entire evening, however, so if you arrive after the scheduled closing of registration (which will most like be 9:00 PM), you need to make plans to move in the next morning.

Changes I foresee for 2009:

- better schedule coordination Thursday evening (Doofus will read the contract)
- later Registration hours on Friday during the day (until 1:00 PM)
- partial Test Days will be available for those arriving after 11:00 AM Friday
- "move-in" procedures Friday from 1:00 - 6:00 PM
- go to seven run groups (splitting this year's Group 2)
- "Last Lap" indicator for all races
- other items we need to coordinate with the track staff first

Contrary to what I was thinking at 10:00 Friday morning (when all the nasty e-mails and phone calls from outraged drivers were coming in), there WILL be a Double SARRC at Barber over Labor Day weekend in 2009 (and likely beyond). The facility is absolutely gorgeous, racers seemed to enjoy themselves, race officials were happy, the host regions (Alabama and Atlanta) worked together well in coordinating things, and (perhaps most important) Barber Motorsports Park officials were EXTREMELY pleased with the show we put on. Some pundits have suggested I write that we had more spectators this weekend than the last two Runoffs combined, but (a) that would be a low blow and (b) I'm not sure it is an accurate statement anyway. What I DO know is there were a lot of people on the hill all weekend long.

To those of you that helped make the weekend the great success that it was, I thank you for your contribution. It was a lot of fun, and all of us will be working together to make Labor Day weekend at Barber Motorsports Park a destination event on the SCCA calendar in 2009 and beyond.

Thank you, and we’ll see you at the track…

Butch Kummer
Atlanta Region Competition Director (aka - "Doofus")