Two words - Pressure Pro. This has saved my backside several times (towing 4 hours is considered short distance). I HIGHLY recommend it. On the way to Lime Rock a few weeks ago, I suddenly got an alarm for the LF wheel on the truck. I was doing at least 65 at the time. I slowed as quickly as I could, pulled over safely. The tire still had about 40 pounds in it (from 71 hot). The valve stem had broken, I'm guessing a rock hit it or something. Put on the spare, pulled off at the next exit that had service available, got the valve stem replaced for $20. A new tire would have been in the range of $150, plus mounting and balancing. It's so much nicer to have been able to get the valve stem replaced than trying to find a new tire or take the risk of travelling without a spare. I'm sure I would have had a full scale blowout if I hadn't gotten the alarm, and I shudder to think what might have happened to the truck, trailer, contents, etc. Yes, the Pressure Pro is expensive, but how much are you and your "stuff" worth? I started with sensors on the trailer, and added them to the truck the next season (the sensors make great birthday and other holiday presents!)

http://www.tirepressuremonitor.com/a...cp=pressurepro