Thread: 97 Integra GSR as an ITS car?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 97 Integra GSR as an ITS car?

Looking for opinions? Good, bad, indifferent?

Have become a fan of these recently.....
    This would be a build from scratch. Found one not "riced" up by a 17 year old like you typically see.

After helping my friend built one and getting to do a few laps in one. It is a very easy car to drive fast. But it is like driving an ITC car. It is all about momentum. It has zero torque to get you up hills. At Road Atlanta if the weather is right I think one could run a low 1:40.00 but it will still be over a second off the pace. And it will not be able to do it for very long since the front half of the car is 65% of the weight.

Blake Meredith

What Blake said ^^^^^

At the current weights, most ITS and ITR fwd'ers have difficulty keeping the pace over the course of even a sprint race. There are a few factors here... weight, power, limited tire width advantage over ITA/B cars.

If you like the 3rd gen Integra, look at building a non-vtec chassis for ITA.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

so probably a mid-pack ITS entry at best?

Thanks for the input!

It'll depend on the depth, prep, and talent in the field... I'd imagine that a full 10/10ths build will likely be better than mid-pack but I'd be surprised to see a podium finish out of one at something like the ARRC.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    It'll depend on the depth, prep, and talent in the field... I'd imagine that a full 10/10ths build will likely be better than mid-pack but I'd be surprised to see a podium finish out of one at something like the ARRC.
    Oh lord..... ARRC? I gotta crawl before I walk. But also wouldn't want to be DFL.

"...he don't even have a license, Lisa!" - Wyatt in Weird Science

Drop me an email to [email protected]. We are currently running one in the ECR and have been for a few years. Much better than a mid pack car if you know what you are doing. The car always wins in the rain.

Mark
    Mark Masters
    #73 ITS Acura Integra GSR
    SCCA ECR

Quote Originally Posted by mmasters View Post
    Drop me an email to [email protected]. We are currently running one in the ECR and have been for a few years. Much better than a mid pack car if you know what you are doing. The car always wins in the rain.

Mark
    you got mail.

.....I don't own the Civic Si....it's my friend's that he has me co-drive with him. He won't sell it to me.