Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WGI fun one

The big bore "noise" guys are pretty respectful but most don't use the point by. I'm used to running in tighter quarters from doing ITS and the big bore guys seem to give a little more room - especially since things happen really, really fast when it goes wrong. I wish we had a ton more cars up here - hence the ITS car back in the stable. Brian Lacroix is the driver giving the point by and we've gotten to know each other paddocking in the same area. He is a top A sedan dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    Ben,

I only watch racing videos while waiting for my jobs to run! At least that's what I tell the Boss!

And the preferred term is "Big Noise race" - for obvious reasons.

Coupla comments/questions:

1. Is it just me, or did it kinda look like a Miata race there at the start? The white Camaro did point you by, but the other guys? Maybe it's not a Miata thing after all?

I think the Miata is the ultimate starter car and we see way more inexperienced drivers in that model so more bad stuff happens and the car/classes gets a bad rap.

The Camaro drove into the side of the WRX like a retard...

2. The straights seemed shorter in this video than the other two I've seen. Is this the same track?

I am so friggin fast that the track only seems shorter on my video :cool: (Ok - asking for grief)

3. Were there two #60 silver Corvettes in the race? You passed him before the FCY and then he was ahead of you on the restart. (And yes, this IS a pet peeve of mine).

Good catch, there are two nearly identical silver Corvettes and they run nearly identical times. They have way more motor than me, but being lighter I make it up under braking and the turns. Haven't beaten those guys yet but getting closer.

4. You guys really need to get some more GTA cars up there. I'll continue working on that. :cool:

If I win the lottery I'm going to come to the track with a trailer load of these cars for rent and we'd see all the A sedan guys move into these GTA cars! Maybe the IT guys too.

See ya...

I hope we get the V8 Stock car series guys to come to the Glen - hoping to race ya one day :-)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    Does anyone know Wilson Wrights's contact information? We would like to ask him a question on the incident to get his perspective on what happened.
    email sent
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7