Thread: KA24E/DE crankshaft pulley

Default KA24E/DE crankshaft pulley

I run a 240sx with a KA24DE motor in Solo/DSP but I review these forums and often find good background info. Are you guys running 240's in ITA/ITS using the stock crankshaft pulley, an underdrive pulley, or some sort of aftermarket damper or harmonic balancer? My understanding of your rules is that either is legal and I searched the forums before asking so I'll apologize in advance if I'm off-course.

Thanks!
    Don Johnson
    39 DSP
    Buccaneer Region SCCA

I run the stock pulley on mine...
    I would have to doublecheck the rules, but I think you are right, an aftermarket pulley could be used.
    Are you looking to move to an underdrive?
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what were doing!
    ITA 240SX #76

Yes, any pulley may be used in IT. I use the ASP underdrive aluminum pulley on my ITA car, but I did have the entire rotating assembly (pulley to pressure plate) balanced when the engine was built. I don't think I would have used it on a stock bottom end.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Thanks for the feedback. I'm running an ASP underdrive pulley and a Fidanza flywheel. It's not the smoothest revving engine I've ever driven but it revs readily, it's not much different from stock and more or less what I expected with such a long stroke (and NISMO motor mounts ;-) I asked because I ran across someone on one of those 240sx driftomatic forums claiming to have intimate knowledge of Robello's motors, as well as the NISMO/CORR guys that were running high revving E motors in off road trucks, and their use of ATI super dampers. I understand how they work but they're not cheap so it's not something I'd buy on a rumor.

DJ