Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
Done!

Guys, would you happen to know if paid entry to the SCCA event gives us access to the airshow as well?

Greg
Greg,
Terry would know for sure, but it would be my guess that your entry to the races will grant you access to the airport for the aircraft static display. The track does mention there will be shuttles from the track to the airport to view the aircraft while they are on the ground. You should have no problem seeing the aircraft fly as the runways are right next to the two tracks. The website indicates the aricraft will be flying from 1 to 4 PM Saturday and Sunday. I have seen a SNJ-6 Texan trainer and a FG-1D Corsair fly while at the track in July and this past weekend.

In addition to the airshow, vintage racing at Lightning, a car show, there will be a concert on Saturday night. From the website:
"The ‘Race Night’ Oldies Concert, which will feature five 50’s/60’s pop rock bands, will take place on Saturday evening, September 20, beginning at 7 pm."

Check out the following website for more information on the airshow: http://www.millvilleairshow.com/index.html

Schedule of Events
Schedule Subject To Change

Saturday, September 20
  • 7:00 am — Gates Open
  • 9:00 am - Noon — Static Aircraft Displays
  • Noon - 4:00 pm — Vintage Warbirds Airshow
  • 7:00 pm — Race Night Oldies Concert
Sunday, September 21
  • 7:00 am — Gates Open
  • 9:00 am - Noon — Static Aircraft Displays
  • Noon - 4:00 pm — Vintage Warbirds Airshow
*No coolers. No pets. No smoking. No alcohol. For security purposes, all persons and property may be subject to search.

Sounds like a great weekend to me. Be there!