Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on enclosed trailers

I have a 28 foot Pace BracketMaster with the 3500# axles and the 205 tires.....

I've never had one problem out of it.....I've had it since 2003...
    no flats......no bearing problems......no axle problems.......

I've pulled it all the way from Dallas TX to Charlotte NC with it
    over loaded to the hilt ....... no problems......

people can say what they want.......but my opinion and experience says.......
    save your money and get the 3500 pounders........

I'm trying to make the same decision. There are tons of 3500# axles at great deals and zero 5000# for anything decent. I did the math and the one I'm looking at should work. I should be around 5500# with the car and I certainly don't have enough crap to come up to 1500 lbs. I know it defeats the purpose but if it's that close I'll just chuck whatever I need to in the bed of the F-250. I also only need to go about 45 minutes to the track.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by chewy8000 View Post
    I'm trying to make the same decision. There are tons of 3500# axles at great deals and zero 5000# for anything decent. I did the math and the one I'm looking at should work. I should be around 5500# with the car and I certainly don't have enough crap to come up to 1500 lbs. I know it defeats the purpose but if it's that close I'll just chuck whatever I need to in the bed of the F-250. I also only need to go about 45 minutes to the track.
    The original poster was looking for a 24'-28' ... surely a trailer that big, loaded, can easily get to the 7000 lb. limit.

I'm guessing that if you'll be at only 5500 lbs you're looking at a smaller trailer.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

I'm looking at a 24' car-mate trailer. I can't imagine it weighs more than 3500 pounds empty. I could be wrong though, thats what the owner told me was on the title? I can't find any documentation on their site.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion

Quote Originally Posted by chewy8000 View Post
    I'm looking at a 24' car-mate trailer. I can't imagine it weighs more than 3500 pounds empty. I could be wrong though, thats what the owner told me was on the title? I can't find any documentation on their site.
    3500 is believable, but I wouldn't believe it just because the title says it. That probably doesn't include cabinets or anything else that might be built-in, BTW.

But hey, you're starting with a much lighter car than me, and maybe you really won't use that additional 9' of space in front of and above the car. I just like knowing I've got the capacity when I need it. Everyone ends up using all of their available space eventually. I know I do.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Tristan Herbert
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion