Thread: Conover Motor Sports build, 1990 ITA Civic EX Sedan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Custom cage courtesy of Chris Schimmel with Competition Cages http://www.competitioncages.com/

It'll have a Speedway style rear bar... here Chris is welding in the custom mounts

Dry-break fitting for the 22 Gallon Enduro style fuel cell

Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Wiring will be inspected re-installed per IT Rules

The engine bay, wheel wells, and underside of the car are all being cleaned up

The chassis will be painted with a white epoxy base paint on a rotisserie ("body in white"). The body panels will then go on and the exterior painted Laguna Blue. The car is currently at with the painter. Feel free to check the build site here for updates: http://www.raceconover.com/buildcivic.htm

Christian

That's gonna be a NICE race car. Down to the tub and build it back up.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Christian, that is going to be one heck of a nice car. Chris Schimmel at Competition Cages does great cage work. I'm looking forward to the day when I get to do a car the way yours is getting done now - ground up.

Now when you put it back together be sure to get the motor pointed the right way and connect it to the right set of wheels!

R

Thanks!

After racing a pre-built car (Richy Gonalez's old CRX) for a couple of seasons, I realized that there were some things that I wanted to do "differently" on the cage... after juggling figures on freshening the entire car and changing some of the cage design, it turned out to not be not much more expensive to sell the existing car as a roller and build new.

Ron, I'll see if I can get the rear end mini-tubbed and turn the engine 90*... that's IT legal right?

Christian

PS
    If either of you guys get interested in running the longer 13-24hr enduro's, let me know... going to have some rental seats available next year...

by the looks of the car, it wouild appear to be 3 extra seats at that!

looks interesting, i can't wait tosee it on the track.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

The BEST part is when the newly painted tub comes back from the body shop. It's like opening a Revell model kit, taking out the big pieces, and laying out all the little ones that get stuck on.

K

Intorturation! Sorry, had to say it.

For a wheel driven handicapped car, I have to say, that thing is way cool. Christian, I would be interested in running an enduro in that thing with you. Keep us posted on the build. If you end up under weight, maybe a wet bar in the back?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    Christian

PS
    If either of you guys get interested in running the longer 13-24hr enduro's, let me know... going to have some rental seats available next year...
    Heck yeah, I'd love to give that car a go with you. It looks cool. We have been running the 13 hour for a few years, this could be a change of pace.

My ex-girlfriend, whom I called "The Northern Aggressor", had one of those in light blue. Was pretty neat to drive. I especially liked it in the snow to go get beer in when my Mustang wouldn't move an inch.

Why not add a second seat back there, or two? Carry around the extra drivers in the car? The drivers just rotate, they never get to exit the car for the duration of the race.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 08-20-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Too funny Kirk! The sad thing is that I can actually imagine it looking exactly like a Revell model...

Hoop, with any luck I'll be at the SIC Test Day next month. No plans to run the SIC... just using the Friday before as a shake down run for the new car.

Jeff & Ron, I'll let you guys know when I get to the point of putting stuff together for next season. We could also sort something out for a test/acclimation day to get both of you up to speed in a FWD chassis. Trust me, it'll be easy.