Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LRP lap times old vs. new

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    Ahh yes but then the Teg got weight, and the NX had the Stig driving...look what the new owners' done with it....ball it up at RA.

R
    You mean like when Richie Hunter runs 1:02 flat on the 'old' Lime Rock last year? Ask him how 'prepped' his motor was. Just bolt-ons baby. Must be the car.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I was at Lime Rock for the first half of the IT race ,( as a spectator only.) The wife and I were watching at the uphill and then we walked down to west bend. Andy's car looked smooooth....no corrections , no dancing around like some of the other cars. He seemed to be on the marks every lap. And In My Opinion , that's what makes a quick car at Lime Rock. In ITC we usually ran at the upper end of the field of ITA. Now go to Pocono or Watkins Glen..forget about it the ITA cars would walk away. LRP is a momentum track.<-----( IMO.)

And Nevermind the SM's are turning 1:00:00 lap times now at LRP....
    So wouldn't/shouldn't that transfer into a fast IT car ?

Just my 2 cents....

-John VanDenburgh

Oh Hell! John, I was hoping no one I knew saw my pathetic attempts at westbend!

Maybe I'll move the car to itb and paint it pink or something!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    Oh Hell! John, I was hoping no one I knew saw my pathetic attempts at westbend!

Maybe I'll move the car to itb and paint it pink or something!
    HEY! HANDS OFF THE PAINTGUN, BUCKWHEAT!!!
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

S-dear
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

By far the best Civic thru west bend , hands down , all day !! I wish I was out there to race with ya ! It was great to see some great IT action ....

BUT... pink ?!? ......... how about with orange poka-dots ??

...oh yeaaah......( neon colors only of course )

-John ( I keep eyeballin' that '68 ITC 510 ) VanDenburgh
    Last edited by Rabbit05; 08-19-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit05 View Post
    By far the best Civic thru west bend , hands down , all day !! I wish I was out there to race with ya ! It was great to see some great IT action ....

BUT... pink ?!? ......... how about with orange poka-dots ??

...oh yeaaah......( neon colors only of course )

-John ( I keep eyeballin' that '68 ITC 510 ) VanDenburgh
    Oh sure, encourage him why doncha?
    Tell you what, you get that '68 510, and we will make a race event just for you...Everyone gets to make one paintstroke on it with a brush for each dollar they donat to racing Against Leukemia.
    Just THINK of the custom paintjob you will get out of that one!
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

I can't wait to see what people say about my custom cold airbox I just fabbed up. Got the metal cuts to prove it!

This thread is what makes IT racing fun - we know Andy and Greg are really transvestite lovers who date down and out machine shop workers who will fab up engine components that are then resold to the Japanese car makers who patent them and pay millions in royalty which is what really funds the evil Flatout empire and Kessler quest for road racing domination. And they share panties but only after running an enduro in very humid conditions to maximize odor.

This occurs while the BMW camps quietly bide their time by infiltrating the Japanese marque camps with spies who quitely and careful rob the intellectual property of each team that will then be brought to bear in a class action lawsuit against these carmakers for discrimiting against anglo saxon carmakers because it costs them more to cheat.

Hey Kurt - remember, Dan Jones served in Viet Nam and won't talk about his tour of duty. I think that's because he, like, killed people. But that's only a rumor I started....
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Hee hee, yea, I just reread that comment from Kurt the mystery man. Kurt, if you're brave enough to post again, think more carefully...your comments like " Lots of other cars are extremely to fast as well, all you have to do is watch one event and pick them out.", and such will get you taken to task, but honestly, the ridiculousness of those comments is more the work of a guy just being a jerk trying to start a internet flaming war. Tell us, have you ever been IN a racecar? DRIVEN one?? Developed one? It's a different view.......

Sure, I'm tossing out the Mosers and "on track" performance here..why not??? Isn't that what the whole thread is about???

Seriously, don't make me dig thru results, but, on the old minefeild/country potholed road of a track, we've seen Serra in the low 2s, numerous times, as well as Richie Hunter, and on and on.

Next, the "but that was BEFORE the evil ITAC penalized them with the weight!" rebuttal comes up.

Uh sorta, but not really. And think about this...when Serra was romping on everyone, and the weight was adjusted during the Great Realignment, he was at an after season video/pizza party, and his comment was, essentially: "Ho hum, so what, big deal. We've been running about 80 pounds over all season. I'll just tuck a little more someplace I need the balance"......

So, yea, the Mosers, boys.....or Blaney if he got pissed enough to drive a CRX in anger, or AJ Nealy...I'm thinking Andy...et al, will be taking outside classes in "coping".
    Last edited by lateapex911; 08-19-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post

Seriously, don't make me dig thru results, but, on the old minefeild/country potholed road of a track, we've seen Serra in the low 2s, numerous times, as well as Richie Hunter, and on and on.

Next, the "but that was BEFORE the evil ITAC penalized them with the weight!" rebuttal comes up.

Uh sorta, but not really. And think about this...when Serra was romping on everyone, and the weight was adjusted during the Great Realignment, he was at an after season video/pizza party, and his comment was, essentially: "Ho hum, so what, big deal. We've been running about 80 pounds over all season. I'll just tuck a little more someplace I need the balance"......
    Serra's old TR at LRP was a 1:01.6xx.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Serra's old TR at LRP was a 1:01.6xx.
    Rumor has it that Andy was actually driving the Serra TEG that day, thus the reason we never saw Serra out of his helmet..

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    Oh sure, encourage him why doncha?
    Tell you what, you get that '68 510, and we will make a race event just for you...Everyone gets to make one paintstroke on it with a brush for each dollar they donat to racing Against Leukemia.
    Just THINK of the custom paintjob you will get out of that one!

you know Steph....that's not a bad idea.......hmmmm......

I need to think this over with a cold one

..that's where the good ideas come about....

-John
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT