Thread: Hep Me Not Do It Again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marty,
    From what I saw on the video, Brent stayed to the inside because he hadn't fully passed Bill. Once they started braking for the corner, it appears Brent got on the brakes harder than normal to give Bill room to go by and likewise, Bill seemed to slow thinking Brent had the ability to overtake and would complete the pass on the inside. Unfortunately two gentlemen racers were both giving the other some room and you got caught up in the mix, hence the slower corner speed that lap. No one's fault in my opinion as his braking took you by surprise and the subsequent lockup and tap was the result. Glad to hear that the incident had no effect on the performance of the cars involved.
    Greg Heuer
    ITC Fiesta #92 (in progress)
    '65 Beach 5B FV #67
    '65 Sardini FV (not yet in progress)
    '03 Crown Vic aka "Tackleberry"

"Racing more cubic inches requires more cubic dollars"

Thanks guys. I guess you've restored my confidence that I should trust my instincts. Most of what you've said has been rattling around in my head all week.

Marty
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

As Vaughn alluded to, often the best thing to do is floor it and get the hell out of there. Its counterintuitive, and as a wise man once said "if you hit anyway, you'll hit harder," but if this was easy everyone would do it.

I always try to concentrate on the throttle as the first option in a "situation." The goal being to not linger and get caught up in it myself. I want the action behind me, not in front of me.
    Doesn't always work. But there are few absolutes in this game.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Yes, I was just easing into the throttle about 1/2 second before 57 locked it up.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)