Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2008 ARRC by GRM Tentative Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post

You have to understand how important the ARRC is to ITB and ITC drivers not just because its the ARRC but because its a chance to actually get your own race without dodging pinatas all day.
    same logic applies to ITA, ITS and ITR.......

miatas race in packs. ITS/ITR power is negated when the miatas constantly go 2,3, 4 cars wide on every straight and through turns trying to get around each other. BTDT. nothing against miatas, but it really sucks racing with them. they just race differently than IT cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SPiFF View Post
    Since this I have an IT car, this in an IT board, and the ARRC is supposed to be the IT championship race, we really should try to figure out a way for the IT classes to have their own groups or at minimum have only 2 classes of similar speed cars combined with a split start, R/S, A/7, B/C, for example.

Maybe it could be done by going to a 4 day weekend, dumping the Pro-IT, dumping/shortening the enduro, dumping some of the non-IT classes, etc.

I have only been in IT since 05 and even I can remember the days when the ARRC looked like an IT championship weekend. Every year it is looking less and less so.
    Contrary to what many on this board might think, since it's beginning in 1994 the ARRC has the "National Championship race for non-Runoffs classes". That nomenclature was modified in 2006 to exchange the phrase "non-Runoffs" for "non-National" when a number of classes were designated as having National status but were not invited to the Runoffs, but concept of being an event for racers not eligible for an invitation to the Runoffs has not changed. Back in 1994 IT made up the large majority of non-Runoffs classes, but the number of "regional-only" classes and participants has continued to grow over the years. NEVER has the ARRC been considered (at least by Atlanta Region) as an IT-only event.

Going to a four-day event (which it already is for those wanting to run the Test Day) is not a viable option, but running some of the championship races on Sunday is something we can consider for future years. Unless we dump the Enduro altogether, however, it would be non-IT classes that would race on Sunday. Doing so would negate one major plus for the participants of having Sunday for travel, but it's something to consider.

Given the current logistical and financial constraints, however, this is the schedule we're operating under for 2008.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

I would think that dumping the Pro-IT in favor of groups that are more separate would go over ok with pretty much everyone.

Maybe not?

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    I would think that dumping the Pro-IT in favor of groups that are more separate would go over ok with pretty much everyone.

Maybe not?

-Tom
    The problem with that is the ~50 extra entry fees from the Pro IT help cover the cost of the event. Especially at the ARRC lots of the out of towners sign up for it as extra testing, so it adds seat time for them too, easing the home track advantage for locals a tiny bit.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBowie View Post
    The problem with that is the ~50 extra entry fees from the Pro IT help cover the cost of the event. Especially at the ARRC lots of the out of towners sign up for it as extra testing, so it adds seat time for them too, easing the home track advantage for locals a tiny bit.
    For myself, I like the Pro IT, extra seat time is just that. I am for what ever help's this become a truely championship event........unfortunately, running SPU, ITR, ITS with SSM ISN'T IT and I bet the majority of the faster classes will agree.

You can put lipstick on a pig................