Thread: Updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Updates

Where are they???

I herd that Kip was dominant in ITS and Beran in ITB...

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

ITA:
    Moser
    Moser
    Ruck
    AJ
    Crazy Joe
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I managed to still be the first non Honda on the grid, and then spun a rod bearing on the first lap of the race leaving Joe to run alone behind the front 4 cars.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

ITA - Sunday:
    Moser
    AJ
    Moser
    Ruck
    Crazy Joe
    Me

After a total fail on tires yesterday (I didn't know Hankooks heat cycle out) it was nice to run better today.

Gran had another hub problem in the morning qualifier, but that's about the only news I've got from other race groups.
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

The ITA race was awesome. The front 3 cars were covered with a blanket for the first half with Ruck close behind. Then AJ passed into 2nd and the 3 of them just drove away from the rest. Ruck was mr. lonely most of the race by himself. Fun to watch.

I wrote this out over on roadraceautox.com, so I'll just copy it here...

Pardon my French, but that was fucking sweet. Saturday morning qualifying went Bob, Joey, AJ, and me all between a 1:43.3 and a 1:43.8. The race that afternoon was just rediculous. All four of us were nose to tail. Unfortunately for me I got camera car duty back in fourth, but did do a damn fine job of it. That video is currently in the "camera-->web" transition, so look for it later. Yea, AJ did put it off when we ran up on some lappers, so it dropped him to 4th and moved me to 3rd. I wore my medal proudly all night. Sunday morning's race started in the order of fastest race lap from Saturday's race. That put us as Bob, Joey, AJ, and me again in a range of 1:44.2 to a 1:44.4 - rediculous. Raced with AJ for the first couple of laps until he finally got around and took off after the Moser's who had formed up into their patented, unbeatable M-Train. I did my best to stay with him. Finished in this order, with these fastest laps: Bob at a 1:43.0, Joey at a 1:43.2, AJ at a 1:44.0, and me at a 1:43.8. Sunday afternoon started in the same order we'd seen all weekend: Bob, Joey, AJ, me. Deja-vu. This is where my fairy tale of actually getting to run with thse guys ended. I missed the setup completely and then picked up a wicked vibration about half way through that got worse and worse. I'm thinking it's a wheel bearing or an axle or something, but haven't investigated it yet. The three CRX's tore off at just a stupid fast pace. I was running low to mid 1:44's and they were killing me. When the vibration got worse, I eventually backed off to 1:45's and 1:46's. AJ tried his ass off against the Moser's. Joey got around Bob, AJ hounded Bob for several laps, and then finally got around him and up into 2nd. By that time, Joey was pretty gone. Joey got down to a 1:42.9 during the race. That's just stupid fast. Bob and AJ also each ran low 1:43's, hence the ass-kicking I received. With about three laps to go, Bob broke the perch snap ring on back left shock, effectively running the tire on the fender. He was still able to cruise to the finish just enough to stay ahead of me.

I was a little bumbed after the race that I got whooped so bad today, but in all, I feel really good about the weekend. The car's got some balls when I get the setup right, and to run so close to those guys at a track that's just been giving me fits for a couple of years now is a huge relief. Now if I could only get rid of that damn carousel and keyhole...

Great to see everyone! Huge thanks to Bob, Joey and AJ for some of the most fun racing I've ever had. I couldn't pick three other guys to run that hard for that long with. Really, that was awesome.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX