Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytona Results?

Default Daytona Results?

Results?

I don't think complete results are posted yet, but I went yesterday and if you are asking about the Revtec guys Charles finished fourth (behind Irish Mikes BMW, Vansteenburgs Miata, and Goldins REX), and Guy finished between 6th and 8th with a bit of a soft brake pedal. Was a VERY strong field in ITS, and most other classes as well.

chris

Thanks Chris. I was wanting to know how the Revtec guys did.

Sunday's ITS SARRC was cut short by about 10 minutes due to a car in the wall at the exit of the bus-stop. Irish Mike broke, Scott Seck broke, Witham broke, Keith Goldin broke, and mine was having some ECU issue of some sort, but finished.

Sunday's top 5 results:
    P1 Scott Richards
    P2 Mike VS
    P3 Steve Goldin
    P4 Guy Marvin
    P5 Charles Perry

Good to see "the shape of thing that break" didn't. Lots of guys down from the Carolinas. Nice seeing Jeff, Ron, Jeff, etc. and running with some different cars on track. I hope you had a good time too.
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Duece Keane won ITB both days. Itc had a great race on sunday, 1,2,3 were nose to tail at the finish.
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Hey, I and finally finished both races!!!! Good fun, not too much carnage, good weekend.

Racecar: 1992 Civic SI ITA/H4 (SEDIV #24)
    Owner: Design Garage - for all you t-shirt screen printing needs
    Good Guys: LAMIN-X Protective Films - Discount Tire 407.275.8133 - C.W. Pence Rebuilders 407.831.8197

Does anybody have an update on how Krys Dean is (#77 GT-1 Camaro)?

Quote Originally Posted by spawpoet View Post
    Does anybody have an update on how Krys Dean is (#77 GT-1 Camaro)?
    If you are referring to the car that I saw with fire damage, I can tell you that I saw her walking around the garage today. Don't know if this is helpful.

Racecar: 1992 Civic SI ITA/H4 (SEDIV #24)
    Owner: Design Garage - for all you t-shirt screen printing needs
    Good Guys: LAMIN-X Protective Films - Discount Tire 407.275.8133 - C.W. Pence Rebuilders 407.831.8197

Yes Richy. Thats Krys. She's good people, a friend, and a hard-working SCCA member. I'm really glad to hear she was ok. Thank you very much for the information and congratulations on finishing both of your races.

chris

Now I'm bummed. I saw the car yesterday. I talked to Krys today. I didn't realize who's car it was. Feel like crap for not knowing and saying anything.

You are spot on. Krys is good people. Krys, when you find this, glad you are ok.

Richie>>>>>Finished a whole weekend!!!!! :026: If you keep it up, I might stop tryign to talk you into a Mazda....
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Yep, had a blast. Daytona is AWESOME. Typing, worn out, from a hotel in Savannah....

Jim, good to meet you and nice lap this morning! How did the race go? I lost most of the brakes about 2/3 of teh way through but managed to cruise home in 10th (I'll take it, and a 2:20, in that field).

Marc, if you read this, thanks again to you, Jim and Christian Shipp for all the advice. We had a great time and the hospitality from you folks was much appreciated.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Niceeeeeee, guess you can't sue me for breach of promise. Really good to meet you guys. I had a great time and I didn't even race. That TR-8 is very cool and pretty dang fast. I think it could be faster with some testing, set-up work and a better decal job:eek:.

Chris, Irish Mike was telling me about someone(I'm presuming it was Krys) who had a fire and pulled the pin while still in the car. He said she still had her helmet on with the helmet cooler blowing. Well the vent sucked in some Halon and she inhaled it. They took her to the hospital. I too saw her later but didn't know. Glad she is okay.

Congratulations to Scott Richards, Dave Rejman, Peter Eells and all our buds that got a 2008 SARRC Winner decal.
    Last edited by Mazmarc63; 08-11-2008 at 06:58 AM.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmarc63 View Post
    Niceeeeeee, guess you can't sue me for breach of promise. Really good to meet you guys. I had a great time and I didn't even race. That TR-8 is very cool and pretty dang fast. I think it could be faster with some testing, set-up work and a better decal job:eek:.

Chris, Irish Mike was telling me about someone(I'm presuming it was Krys) who had a fire and pulled the pin while still in the car. He said she still had her helmet on with the helmet cooler blowing. Well the vent sucked in some Halon and she inhaled it. They took her to the hospital. I too saw her later but didn't know. Glad she is okay.

Congratulations to Scott Richards, Dave Rejman, Peter Eells and all our buds that got a 2008 SARRC Winner decal.

I thought it could have been the Halon... That stuffs not very friendly. I’m glad to hear she’s doing well.

Jeff, Ron and yourself were very quick, especially considering it being your first time at the track. It was good to meet both of you even if just briefly. I got some decent pictures of both of you so I will get them on the forum here one evening this week.

chris

Guys,
    I had a good weekend as well until I spun and backed it into the wall at NASCAR 1!! But still finished 5th. So off to the body shop I go......
    Thanks to Chis and Tim for helping me Saturday tracking down a fuel problem. Probalbly would have not made the race without your help, thanks again!
    Glad to hear Krys is ok.

Charles

Charles,

Very cool to see you in that car. Who woulda thought...a 280ZX. Looks really great too.

I need to get back out there and remind you what the back of my car looks like.

Did you spin out of T6 and go up the banking backwards? Not sure I've ever seen that happen. Glad you're okay and the car can be fixed.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

thanks Marc! that makes me feel special......! Yes it was coming out of 6, letting the car drift out,crossed the rumble strips (on the right) and it snapped on me, long slide to try to save it but didn't. But hell I got to try out the safer barrier..........

Just body work??

As slow as that corner feels sometimes, there's obviously enough speed to send the car up the banking. I wondered what set you back so far after being right there in the fight from the start.

Scott said he beat Mike to the line by 8"
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Perry View Post
    Guys,
    I had a good weekend as well until I spun and backed it into the wall at NASCAR 1!! But still finished 5th. So off to the body shop I go......
    Thanks to Chis and Tim for helping me Saturday tracking down a fuel problem. Probalbly would have not made the race without your help, thanks again!
    Glad to hear Krys is ok.

Charles

No problem. Sucks about the wreck, and don’t forget to replace those lines

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Yep, had a blast. Daytona is AWESOME. Typing, worn out, from a hotel in Savannah....

Jim, good to meet you and nice lap this morning! How did the race go? I lost most of the brakes about 2/3 of teh way through but managed to cruise home in 10th (I'll take it, and a 2:20, in that field).

Marc, if you read this, thanks again to you, Jim and Christian Shipp for all the advice. We had a great time and the hospitality from you folks was much appreciated.
    I was happy to help out and have an excuse to get out of some housework

For the first time at the track, you guys did a great job getting up to speed and learning to work the draft. Congrats on the lap times, finish, and largely problem free weekend!!

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear