Thread: 2nd Gen Brake Pads

Default 2nd Gen Brake Pads

I have been using Hawk blues front and rear with no bias adjuster, have been happy with the setup.

I got a recommendation to try the DTC-60 on the front and either the same on the rear or the HT-10. I've been told these last longer, are not as abrasive, and should brake better. Has any tried them out? Do you use a bias adjuster with these?

Thanks!
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Just for a data point, I run Blue front/Black rear sans bias adjustment. I never had lock up issues and I thought the wear was quite reasonable. I might just be easy on brakes.

Haven't gotten any feedback on the DTC compounds yet.
    Paul D'Angelo

most people i know that used blues are switching to the DTC pads. They are more rotor friendly and provide better braking ability. They are lasting longer also.

Quote Originally Posted by mbuskuhl View Post
    I have been using Hawk blues front and rear with no bias adjuster, have been happy with the setup.

I got a recommendation to try the DTC-60 on the front and either the same on the rear or the HT-10. I've been told these last longer, are not as abrasive, and should brake better. Has any tried them out? Do you use a bias adjuster with these?

Thanks!
    I'd recommend against using the HT-10s on the rear of any car that is prone to rear lockup. The initial bite of that pad is just too agressive and will create problems where there was none or make a bad problem worse.

No experience yet with the DTC pads.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown