Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race car/Trailer storage

Default Trailer plans

If you would be so kind, I'd appreciate a copy of your plans. My e-mail addy is Scott F at NutDriver dot org. It is greatly appreciated.

Scott
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
    Yes I still have the plans, Ill convert them to pdf incase you don't have autocad. Also I will be using it at the end of August so I'll take a few pics, so you get a better idea.

The axle is rated at 3,500 lbs and I am not aware of any law that states you can't carry a certain amount with just one axle(obviously don't go past the load capacity of axle) and I am in CA which usually has every law in the book.

My car weighs about 1930 and if I remember I calculated the weight of the trailer to be about 875 not including the wheels. So as far as the capacity of the trailer I am fine. My concern was over loading the tires but I got some top of the line Maxxis tires that have a very high weight capacity(thats why they are so big) and I have not had any problems. I have let two people borrow it and they both said is was the smoothest trailer they have towed and I believe that is due to the torsion axle.

I'm in the same situation you are with regards to storage. I'd love to have a set of plans too!

Den

$50 per month for a 10x20 storage unit for the car (a motorcycle and other odds & ends also fit there). I should have done this 5 years ago; now I can park my street car inside. This is especially important when the snow or tree sap is falling. Unfortunately I still have to work on the car in my garage. The storage is 2 miles from my house.

The trailer sits next to my house.
    Lenny Basaj
    ITB #76
    Western Michigan Region

$900 a year for 24' enclosed trailer in fenced lot w/keypad entry in East Cobb.

I need a house on a flat lot, damnit.
    Tom Sprecher

Hey Tom,

Where in East Cobb? I'm from Marietta.

Tom

sorry guys havent gotten the pdf files. My pdf converter has vanished from my computer. I am taking it out next weekend so I'll get some pics and check the plans since I changed stuff as I went along, then I'll send copies to those that requested.

Hi "Sandro",
    I'd appreciate a copy of the plans as well.

You can download a free pdf generator at www.cutepdf.com - once installed, you Print to the cutepdf device.

cheers,
    bruce

leggwork at yahoo dot com