Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 - Driving Impressions Pro-IT

Default Round 4 - Driving Impressions Pro-IT

Round 3 was a blast at LRP, time to make some fast laps at Lightning!

Entry is open on http://www.NeSCCA.com

Driving Impressions Pro-IT - Round 4 on Lightning.

Saturday:
    August 23 - 30 minute qualify, 40 minute race.
    Check http://www.NJRRS.com for Pro-IT rules and prize plan.

Darrell Anthony at [email protected]

Default Where is our PRO IT drivers?

Guys,

We had 43 registered for LRP and could only take 38 cars. At NJMP we can fit 48. We need to get our car counts up. I just spoke to the editor of SportsCar magazine yesterday to tell him how great we are doing and how we want to be a support race to pro events next year. We need to sacrifice now to build up our fields so that I can go to bat for us in the future. The more cars, the more of a chance of getting sponsors, $$$$ and exposure and big events. Talk to everyone and get down to NJMP in a few weeks. We need to put on a great show again like last week.

Thanks,
    Bob Zecca

Will be there as always. seriously people if your not running the PRO IT yet, your just missin out

Default Two Weeks Left

We are at 14 cars and this should be 41. Please write and let me know what are reasons why people are not coming to NJMP. SJR had the first event there a few weeks ago and only got 160 cars. Now NNJR has 48 for the regional. We need to know why people are not coming out to this new track so that we can plan accordingly for the future. Please take the time to write. Is it money, travel distance, too many races. The more we know about what our racers needs are the better job we can do for the future.

Thanks
    Bob Zecca

Bob, We are registered. The Event is up against A NER event. The new England group are satying closer to home. For us New Hamshire is a 10 hr drive, NJ is about 5 1/2 . Now saying its the Dollar cost is just sure easier to go to a close by event. WGI is 45 minutes from us. Tom Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Stephen has to work (Annual Meeting, can't get out of it)...

It is also one of our best friends 30th b-day, might be able to get out of it, but they changed their plans to come to mine.... Also my car had that misfire at high RPM, and I would hate to drive that far to have the car not perform at its best.

The cost of towing has certainly become a major factor for us over the past two years...

Raymond "This PROIT series is a great series, we will be at the double race!" Blethen

PS: Lots of the (non PROIT) northeasterners stay focused on NARRC races...
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

School/College is nearly back in session so my sm teammate wont make it. not sure how many people that age are racing in the series.

I hate to ask it because im really looking forward to this race but is there any chance that the event will be cancelled if entries do not pick up?

I'm concentrating on NARRC so I'll be at NHMS. Plus it's only 25 minutes away.

what's left to concentrate on - your victory lap!!? Isn't there a helipad option on that RV - why not go for both!!

We all decided to go to NJ. Same tow distance and a nice new track. Hopefully this time I get more than 6 laps....
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Quote Originally Posted by robits325is View Post
    what's left to concentrate on - your victory lap!!? Isn't there a helipad option on that RV - why not go for both!!
    Rumors are flying that Bettencourt may take my car up (I can't make it) to keep Harding honest. No team orders, just don't wreck each other, boys! :eek:

-------
    Steve Ulfelder
    Flatout Motorsports
    05 ITS

Default Thanks

Dear Competitors,

Thank you for your candid responses. Not only do I run Driving Impressions but I am secretary of NNJR and we are very concerned about turnouts. We want to do what is best for both the racers, workers and members of SCCA. The more info we have to go on the better we can make decisions for the future. I am concerned that NJMP is just to far for most our competitors and we may not be able to run there for the future. We will see but it is best to communicate and hear what people are thinking. Thanks guys for getting back to me.

Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca

Bob,

Yeah, the fourth round is up against a NARRC race at NHMS as Jeff said. Although it was a great track and well run event for the race in July, traveling from anywhere north of NY really, REALLY sucks!! I plan on keeping it on my schedule to do once a year.......

Trust me, we're ALL pulling for you guys to get a good turn out and stay financially healthy!!

Good luck!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Still plenty of time to register. Come to New Jersey Motorsports Park and take the challenge, see if you can handle Lightning.

Look for added contingency and discounts on future events.

Entry is open on http://www.NeSCCA.com
    Driving Impressions Pro-IT - Round 4 on Lightning.

Saturday:
    August 23 - 30 minute qualify, 40 minute race.
    Check http://www.NJRRS.com for Pro-IT rules and prize plan.

Darrell Anthony at [email protected]

PS - If you owe me a W9 please send it to me or see me at Lightning. Checks will be available at the track.

I'm taking the new RX7 to NJ Motorsports park for the Pro IT - that's the hot series now so I figure I need to step up my game and race with the big dogs.

I probably will have my GT1 car ready but the real race is in Pro IT - not the big bore parade.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Default Sorry!

Wish I could make it. Having joined NYR in NYC just after Vineland closed, I am looking forward to driving in South Jersey. But repairs from the IT Spectacular, $400 gas for towing, new job responsibilities and other financial stress make it impossible for this year.

The track looks awesome, and it's on my list of tracks to run on. And only an 8-9 hour tow from Columbus.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by robits325is View Post
    ...Isn't there a helipad option on that RV - why not go for both!!

We all decided to go to NJ. Same tow distance and a nice new track. Hopefully this time I get more than 6 laps....
    You must have found a helicopter. I noticed you're now signed up for both! :confused:

Special Incentives:

No late fees

Friday workers shall receive a voucher for entry to a future PDX event hosted by NNJR. Get behind the wheel at NJMP.

For every Entrant that provides a Worker (Grid, Flagging, Pit/Paddock, T&S, etc...) for a significant portion of the Weekend, NNJR will provide a voucher for a Free Test and Tune Session at NJMP in 2009.

We are on the fence. Time will tell.....
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    Special Incentives:

No late fees

Friday workers shall receive a voucher for entry to a future PDX event hosted by NNJR. Get behind the wheel at NJMP.

For every Entrant that provides a Worker (Grid, Flagging, Pit/Paddock, T&S, etc...) for a significant portion of the Weekend, NNJR will provide a voucher for a Free Test and Tune Session at NJMP in 2009.
    Thats a hell of a deal! dont know if i can find anyone but im sure gonna try