Thread: New 2.1 Mile Road Course Proposed in S.W. Missouri

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"what event would they take OFF the schedule to fit this one in? VIR? Barber? Road Ameria? Road Atlanta? Laguna? Infineon? Lime Rock? Watkins? see where i'm going with this?"

Yea, but what events would we take OFF the schedule - Hallett, HPT, MAM, Memphis, St. Louis, Hastings? See where I'm going? We need a 7th track in the MiDiv like we need another Miata class. SCCA club racing is pretty much a zero sum game at this point - one track's gain is the others' loss.

That said, it would be 2nd closest for me and the layout looks interesting.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Watch out Bill, there are so many miatas that another class would just mean more money for the regions.
    I understand your take, too many races for not enough racers.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by bldn10 View Post
    "what event would they take OFF the schedule to fit this one in? VIR? Barber? Road Ameria? Road Atlanta? Laguna? Infineon? Lime Rock? Watkins? see where i'm going with this?"

Yea, but what events would we take OFF the schedule - Hallett, HPT, MAM, Memphis, St. Louis, Hastings? See where I'm going? We need a 7th track in the MiDiv like we need another Miata class. SCCA club racing is pretty much a zero sum game at this point - one track's gain is the others' loss.

That said, it would be 2nd closest for me and the layout looks interesting.
    except the difference is we're the customers in that situation, so we don't really have anything to lose since we don't have a vested interest in it. i agree though, this division doesn't need another event crammed in the schedule. we don't really NEED more tracks, just more people.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region