Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results From The Glen?

Default Results From The Glen?

Someone must have some news from Watkins Glen!
    Jim Alley
    1990 ITA Miata

Its all about doing your personal Best

Fast Lap - Started

1 - Cefalo 2:19.877 - 1
    2 - Branscombe 2:19.558 - 4
    3 - Wheeler 2:20.286 - 2
    4 - Hawthorne 2:21.276 - 6
    5 - Lawton 2:21.068 - 5
    6 - Perry 2:23.834 - ?
    7 - Breault 2:24.817 - 7
    34 - Crazy Joe 2:21.191 - 3

Here's a shot from the boot....1st lap.

https://improvedtouring.com...1&d=1217217000
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, not a steller weekend for me, for many reasons. The biggest of which, not having been there in over 10 years, was pulling up the panties. Can't blame the car, can't blame the tires (and lord knows I tried justifying blaming both those things ) it was all me...........

it started by having the engine and tranny sitting on the shop floor at 2:00pm on Thursday, getting a speeding ticket at midnight in East Bumfuck, NY, rolling into the motel room at 12:30 only to have none of the beds made up and the smell of fresh paint.......Watching Joe come within inches of putting his car in the guard rail on the warm up lap of qualifying (previous run group had layed down some oil going into the laces), over reacting to Rob tapping me on the start of Saturday's race and then passing under a yellow.........

Some great driving by Mark, Steve, Geoff and Shane.

I heard Rick did some serious damage to his Civic in "B". I guess he tangled with the Camero (who everyone was having problems with from what I heard) I think he was protested in Saturday's race by a couple of drivers for passing about 6 guys under yellow......... And not being very safe about it. This guy had NO ONE else in his class in our run group.........

The back markers however, were dangerous!!! Some of the closing speeds on these cars were scarey!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

So does that mean you didn't live up to the "I'm gonna beat Greg's Glen lap time"?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Mr. Diminno's lack of forward motion at the start put me into the spot behind Rick and the Camaro. I was hoping to testify for Rick at the protest. When I spoke to the Camaro guy in impound he was not sorry or apologetic. Yes he was penalized for a multiple PUY on Saturday; and yes he was the only SSB car running. Cannot the corners call in this crap and at least have the stews chat him up? Anyone behind this mess have a camera in? The video should be brought to his next race as a warning to all.

So I narrowly escaped the Civic/Camaro synchronized (almost full track blockage) spin by realizing that the third coming together was not going to lead to a happy ending. I did an extreme brake and a jink to the few feet left of asphalt on the outside. Nat Wentworth saw my difficulties and slowed enough not to take me out as well. OTOH he did pass me immediatly, and then Ken Hubbard blitzed past him into 1st in B. A bunch of Miatii also went by. So I went into full warp(ed) mode. Ran down the Miata's, caught Nat and watched him pull off with a broken trans, and looked way ahead to Ken. Ken could pull me on the straights, but not in the turns. Lots of work and squealing tires got me to Ken who bobbled in the toe. Didn't get done the first time, but the next time I was there. We had a lot of fun dicing and it was an amazing weekend for me. Qualified on pole, won the qualifier, won the race, new B track record.

Nice Dave! What's the new B record now?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Wish I was driving but I did get to see some great races.

Branscome ran strong for NER, the Shane/Lawton battle was great and we all cheered for Joe from the stands as he 'fixed' whatever had him not running as he popped out from behind the wall only a lap down. Looks like we all have some work to do if that 2:17.900 is gonna fall but me thinks we might have a legit shot next year with renewed ITA power in the 09. I will be at the Last Chance weekend for orientation. Saw so much data, video and track views this weekend it killed me. Props to Marc Cefalo for his two wins in A in a slightly glorified SM.

Davey Zaz had a great run and it was nice to see some cool B cars. Love the Alfa.

Dan Jones ripped up ITR with a new record and Harding rocked ITS with a 2:14.1 in qual. Race times were in the low 15's for him.

I think we have a legit 5-way battle for the NARRC championships in ITA. Branscome, Diminno, Klvana, The Doc and Lawton. Awesome!!! Only 2 more races to go.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 07-28-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Wish I was driving but I did get to see some great races.

Branscome ran strong for NER, the Shane/Lawton battle was great and we all cheered for Joe from the stands as he 'fixed' whatever had him not running as he popped out from behind the wall only a lap down. Looks like we all have some work to do if that 2:17.900 is gonna fall but me thinks we might have a legit shot next year with renewed ITA power in the 09. I will be at the Last Chance weekend for orientation. Saw so much data, video and track views this weekend it killed me. Props to Marc Cefalo for his two wins in A in a slightly glorified SM.

Davey Zaz had a great run and it was nice to see some cool B cars. Love the Alfa.

Dan Jones ripped up ITR with a new record and Harding rocked ITS with a 2:14.1 in qual. Race times were in the low 15's for him.

I think we have a legit 5-way battle for the NARRC championships in ITA. Branscome, Diminno, Klvana, The Doc and Lawton. Awesome!!! Only 2 more races to go.
    AB, sure was nice to see everyone again, I wished we had more time to BS. I sure hope I see some of you AT Mid O but I'll understand if you don't make it. Sorry to hear about your car AB. I was looking forward to running with Dave Maynard again but a stuck caliper cost him dearly. Was also nice to finally meet Rob D from Autotech. Very clean 323. I could hear Jeff Harding laughing everytime I hit traffic at all the wrong time and places as he closed on me. Nice job Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by gran Racing View Post
    nice Dave! What's The New B Record Now?
    2:23.9

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zaslow View Post
    2:23.9

Nice job Dave!!! That has been a long standing record we have tried for a few times

What happened with Rick's incident? How bad is the car???

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

i am glad to hear that dave saw the incident. i think the camaro flat out did not see me under him in the carousal. i went on the grass trying to avoid contact. we hit and i thought all was well until i went to brake for the left hander. oh shit no brakes , so i pinballed of the camaro and spun into the inside guard rail. sorry that i left so quickly. nothing was going to erase what happened. the car looks like it had a bad day but nothing is mashed in to the point of cutting away parts. i have to take it to body shop to look at it. these car are thin and i hope they can get it straight again. the rear axle is over to one side and it looks like the trunk floor is bent upwards.
    boy the fun can end quickly. i will share a little more latter.
    i am open to opinions. i would make that same pass all day.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Rick--You drove it to the pits; it is repairable.

You have the correct plan in mind--to the bodyshop and hopefully a successful session on the frame rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zaslow View Post
    Mr. Diminno's lack of forward motion at the start put me into the spot behind Rick and the Camaro.
    Sorry Dave. Yeah lack of forward motion surprised the shit out of me. Green flag dropped nailed the gas and the car died. I was waiving like a mad man hoping I didn't get pummeled, thanks for the heads up driving guys. Basically what it came down to is I had the coil wire off to clean and crap out inside the coil. I put it back on solidly so I thought, and with all the other stuff I was doing forgot to put a freakin 15 cent zip tie on it, my bad yeah you can say it I'm and ass. Anyhow when i got behind the wall (HANS and Helmet still on, but took of my gloves) I jumped out opened the hood saw the wire off popped it on and jumped back in the car. I was belting up as fast as possible to get back out before the field came by. The extra few seconds to put my gloves back on screwed me. I would have gotten out on the lead lap. Oh well I guess I had a better race than Rick which I heard nothing about until now, which I am sorry to hear.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
    ..... forgot to put a freakin 15 cent zip tie on it, my bad yeah you can say it I'm and ass. ......
    You're overpaying, LOL.

I had a similar thing happen to me. At one of the OMP/NASCAR events, I ran over something on the straight at Lime Rock that got kicked up by the car in front of me, and sure enough, the car dies coming out of Big Bend. No fuel pressure. So, I pull off, just short of the swamp, jump out, lie under the LR of the car where the fuel pump is, and sure enough the connector had been knocked off! Push it back on, "bzzzzzzzz" goes the fuel pump, and I jump back in, do a neato spin on the grass and get back in the game...a lap down of course. But at least the crowd got a chuckle.

Lesson learned, the connection is in a more out of the way location, and I used a 5 cent zip tie as insurance.....8 years and THAT part hasn't failed....yet.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Rick,
    Sorry to hear about the damage. It was looking like it was going to be the B race of the year, untill the left hander.

Congrads for the record Dave,
    The last few laps were a blast. Sorry about the dust clouds, "I was givin her all she's got captian" LOL Thanks for the fun.
    Ken

Default Results & Photos posted

Results and Photos are up on NESCCA
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Tom,

Please thank Ade for the photos.

Is there any chance that the results will be posted to mylaps?

DZ

Rick, sorry to hear about your incident. What was the outcome of the protest with the Camaro driver? Did he get a clue afterwards or did he remain unapologetic?
    Hope your car can be fixed easily. It sucks when they get broken like that...
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"