Thread: If we could only legally run one of these in ITA

Default If we could only legally run one of these in ITA

Now notice I said legallyMAZDA RX 7

Talk about a 1st gen that would get the job done......LOL

I wonder if he ever actually ran it in ITA set up like that????

interesting... that has to be a typo?!
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Not sure it's a typo, the engine is most certainly a 13B, AND it's got a non stock intake and big carb set up on it...

Certainly it WOULD be good for a newbie, LOL. MUCH easier to pass with an additional 40 plus HP!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

the 1984 GSL-SE had a 13B, but I could swear it was fuel injected in those cars.

Quote Originally Posted by lttletimmy View Post
    the 1984 GSL-SE had a 13B, but I could swear it was fuel injected in those cars.
    84 and 85 but those are classified in ITS.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Yeah I saw this one also I couldn't believe it when I saw ITA on the side of it. Must be he never raised the hood in impound LOL. Yes the 84-85 had a 13B option and they were fuel injected last I knew they were classed in ITS with the factory injection only. If we see this thing show up it will probably out running the ITR guys.

Bill Weaver
    #63 ITS RX7
    W J Weaver

There was a first gen 13B version running at the IT Fest last summer, and it FLEW down the straights. And that was against the ITS cars. It carries less weight than the 2nd gen cars due to suspension and brake differences. I could see the car doing well at certain roval tracks.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

The stock gsl-se has 135 hp compared to 142hp for the 86-88 2end gen cars ( 160 hp for 89 up). It has has a smaller throttle body and smaller intake runners. The 13b in the gsl-se has two piece apex seals instead of the three on the 86 up+. Those engines last forever. I have 3 with over 200k that still run.

If you compare the two cars weight wise, the gsl-se was a fully optioned car only. No base model, power everything. A base model 2end gen is only around 100 lbs more. Howeve, when you remove all the non racing items from the gsl-se the weight difference between the two really climbs.

Iv seen this car at lime rock,but it was iTS then and had the delorto on it.Driver schools are great to see all kinds of wierd stuff.

I'm just wondering where I can find a supper trap. Sounds like a pretty trick exhaust to me. Or do you eat off of it? That could be dangerous since its a trap!!
    Bryan KF8G
    Nelson Ledges Road Course
    #16 IT7 Mazda
    "There you go man. Keep as cool as you can. Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe, you perceive, the web they weave. And keep on thinking freely"
    Graeme Edge The Moody Blues