Thread: What does the trailer battery do?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trailers have brakes?
    Uh oh..... :O
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

ever hear the story about the racer towing at night who stopped to check his trailer lights that went out and found out his trailer was gone??
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    ever hear the story about the racer towing at night who stopped to check his trailer lights that went out and found out his trailer was gone??
    Kinda reminds me of a time, many moons ago (too many moons to count actually), that a group of us were traveling from Dallas to Oklahoma for a National AMA Hare Scrambles race (that = 2 wheel and lots of mud) with 3 bikes on the trailer behind the van. Most everbody was asleep when the driver woke us up and said " Hey, Whattya think that light is behind us?".....yep, it was one of the bikes that had come off of the trailer and was being drug down the Interstate by a single tie-down. Quite a light show.....and the damage that was done was most remarkable (wasn't my bike...thankfully) but the owner of the victim came through with a "loaner" and even ended up with a podium finish. Ya gotta watch those things that are supposed to be following you down the road and then..... And that reminds me.....does anyone else have my kind of frackin luck when it comes to flat trailer tires? Gheesh!
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2008 SAARC IT-7 3rd Overall
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    #4 Car>>>Sad State of Affairs