I've been on both sides of the situation .
One particular race I had the oppourtunity to race a friends GTL Mini Cooper .
I had qualified on the outside row in position 4 right next to a Panoz .
This was a closed wheel Co-Driver race at Waterford Hills .
First lap going into turn 2 the back end of the mini steps out drivers right , I get it corrected and the panoz and I are still side by side . This little tail wiggle was apparentlt enough to sppok the Panoz driver as as I recall and as the video showed she took an evasive manuver to her right or inside of the track untill the curbing was coming up and she needed more track .
Long story short her left front into the mini's right rear sent me around and I was hit in the right rear tire quarter panel by a 1967 Chevy Corvair . :eek: Yea , hard hit . OUCH .
Yup I felt like a huge chump for crashing out a friends car .
It wasn't untill after the car was towed into the pits that we discovered someone behind us had video .
I helped fix the mini untill about 12:30 in the morning and the next day she told me I hadn't had enough time in the car and offered me the car for the feature race .
By the way the Panoz driver never even came to see if I was ok . After I cooled down I went to talk to her and she denied even getting into the corner of my car .
Her and her husband are now racing the panoz in a "Pro" series .

There are more to tell but I've gone on long enough .
Moral of the story is , even if your a little unsure of the situation always go and offer some sort of condolence . A plastic trophy just isn't worth the aggravation .