Thread: *Improved Touring* 2002 Civic Si ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default *Improved Touring* 2002 Civic Si ?

Hey guys i am wondering if it's possible to compete in a 2002 Civic Si. I read up on the class and realized that this car is not listed in class? Is it ineligible for the class or have they just not classified it in a class. The 1999-2000 Si is classed in ITS and the Acura RSX-S is classed ITR. I figured that the 2002 Civic Si would be placed in ITS.

What were those things rated at? 170hp? Might be a very viable option for ITS. I imagine it's just never been considered for classification, so that's why you don't see it. Just need to ask the ITAC to look at it.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

15xhp and 140ft/lbs tq (the base model RSX had 160hp but it has a different IM

With suspension similiar the the NX200 aka "the egg" it would fit into ITA at a porky weight.

The motor is an 'economy vtec' motor similar the the 92-95 VX and 96-00 HX civics.

or this car is a tweener kinda of like the 2000 civic SI
    Last edited by jimmyc; 07-15-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Here is the 'napkin' math on a 160hp FWDer with struts using a 25% increase:

ITA: 2850
    ITS: 2480

Curb weight: 2744 (Edmunds) 160hp/132ft.lbs (Edmunds)
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

In the July fastrack the ’02/03 Civic Si got listed as a Showroom stock C class car @ 2500lbs. which surprises me since every road test I read has the car listed as 2744lb curb weight.

I also own an ’02 Si that I commute to work with, it sure doesn’t feel like it could be a ITS car

You will probably have to write in to ask for an improved touring classification, IMO ask for ITA

Yeah the car's curb weight is roughly 2744 with 160HP and 130TQ. I know it is categorized for Showroom Stock C class. I believe minimum weigh in SSC is 2700lbs.

Either way i would love to build the car for Improved Touring. I have a couple modifications that would have to be removed such as: lightened flywheel, and coil over suspension. Other than that the car is pretty much ready for IT. Just needs a cage, gauges, window net, kill switch, and a ton of weight removal.

So if i can get it classed in ITA or ITS i would be happy!

Does anyone have any sort of contact information in order to get the car classed? If so i would appreciate it if you could PM me or post it in here!

Thanks for the help!