Thread: *Improved Touring* 2002 Civic Si ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In the July fastrack the ’02/03 Civic Si got listed as a Showroom stock C class car @ 2500lbs. which surprises me since every road test I read has the car listed as 2744lb curb weight.

I also own an ’02 Si that I commute to work with, it sure doesn’t feel like it could be a ITS car

You will probably have to write in to ask for an improved touring classification, IMO ask for ITA

Yeah the car's curb weight is roughly 2744 with 160HP and 130TQ. I know it is categorized for Showroom Stock C class. I believe minimum weigh in SSC is 2700lbs.

Either way i would love to build the car for Improved Touring. I have a couple modifications that would have to be removed such as: lightened flywheel, and coil over suspension. Other than that the car is pretty much ready for IT. Just needs a cage, gauges, window net, kill switch, and a ton of weight removal.

So if i can get it classed in ITA or ITS i would be happy!

Does anyone have any sort of contact information in order to get the car classed? If so i would appreciate it if you could PM me or post it in here!

Thanks for the help!

Any SCCA member can submit a request to have an eligible car listed in IT by submitting a request and the necessary information on a "vehicle technical specification" sheet. More at...

http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=44

K

Ok, now that i have the info on getting the car introduced to either ITS or ITA (Whichever the board chooses to place it in.). I wouldn't mind having some info on how i should go about building it for Improved Touring.

As of right now i am working on a budget for either the 2009 or 2010 season. My main issue is finding a reasonable priced roll cage to have placed within the car. King Motorsports wants $2500 for a full 8 point cage with nascar door bars. Is this reasonable? Or should i get something like an autopower roll cage and find a shop to weld it in?

As for wheels i am looking into purchasing 8 Enkei RPF1 wheels, i may go panasport as well. Essentially whichever is lighter.

Which tires do you suggest? I am looking to have a set of dry and a set or rain.

2500$ sounds resonable to me. Don't skimp on the safety stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ekim952522000 View Post
    2500$ sounds resonable to me. Don't skimp on the safety stuff.
    No intentions on skimping, i just have had King do work before and they like to charge a little extra just because they are King Motorsports.

lemme call a cage guy in Northern Illinois I know and get a price, that will give you a comparason