Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing back the 55 mph limit?? Read this!

Default no

No 55mph, please. I don't need some half-wit, do-gooder politician trying to restrict my freedom of choice. These same people can't tell me how to save money. Hell, we just watched as one do-gooder politician went into debt during her presidential bid because neither she nor her idiot employees knew how to manage funds... like most politicians, they blew cash "living the lifestyle" like they were going out of style. Spending other people's money is as easy as telling them how to spend and save it, it seems. I can't think of anything more hypocritical.

Here's the deal. We've become a service economy. The US is a warehouse of imported goods with services available to distribute those goods. We've ignored the growth of the "global economy" for two decades. We've save lots of birds and polar bears and plants, whatever, while other countries have industrialised. Our standard of living is inflated compared to the rest of the world. The use of oil is and has been practically the backbone of this great society. And now, sadly... it's time to actually pay. It's going to take years to catch up. Oh well. And we may never.

Government legislation, laws (outside of obvious criminal offenses), rules, regulations, ordinances... bla bla blah... aren't designed to save me money. They are designed to redistribute what wealth I have. Rob from Peter to pay Paul and it ends up where? Beats the crap out of me.

Free markets always correct themselves. Tampering is generally not good. Unfortuneatly, it feels like the masses want the government to take care of everything and don't want to blame themselves for poor choices. Conservatives, liberals, blue, red, con artists; they just bend to keep their jobs and keep themselves fat. I don't care about party lines... I only care about what affects my money. Noone is going to tell me that a 55mph speed limit does me a darn bit of good. It's just another way to control me in a setting in which I really have no rights, anyways. And in controlling me, they get more of my money.

Bunk. It's all bunk.

On a separate note... there's a Mercedes 190e 16V on Ebay right now. It's got ITS stickers on it but the owner claims that it won ITE Midiv 3 years running. I checked the Midiv site and looked at about 75% of the race results back to the beginning of 2006... I don't see a Mercedes anywhere in ITE or ITS. By location, if the car had been run locally, I would think results would be found in events run at Hartland park, but I don't see any,

Does anyone recognise this car? I emailed the owner this morning.

Best Regards,
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by ssjrrupp View Post
    Does anyone recognise this car? I emailed the owner this morning.
    Best Regards,
    Justin
    Actually, I think if you look back in the Midiv archives at 1997 you will see who owns/owned the car. But 3 championships? Uhm, don't see it immediately but I could be missing something.

http://www.midiv.org/PDF/2007_MIDAM_CHAMPS.pdf

http://www.midiv.org/PDF/2007_IT_CHAMPS.pdf

I find it ridiculous to take this senator seriously, considering they flagrantly violate laws and get away with it because of the office they hold. But hey, they are good enough to make laws for the rest of us to obey. I know, let's see if we can get Mr Gore to actually "get green" some time in the near future.

We did a little test with my 95 Golf yesterday on the way home from Nebraska. Put unleaded (NO ethanol) in the car, and Chris drove. Car got ~33 mpg. The best I can do with regular unleaded (with ethanol) is ~30. Let's just say that he drives faster than I do. Car ran better with real gas in it, got better mileage, and therefore saved me money. Anyone else see a problem with using a food crop to make ethanol?
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers