Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Honda/Acura for ITA??

Default Best Honda/Acura for ITA??

ITC's fun but minimal competion here in the northeast.

I've seen the cars on track, gotten a few suggestions from"ex-spurts", now what's your opinion?

Best model and year?
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

CRX Si, '88-'91
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Buying Lorenzo Serra's car would put you in the mix immedately. Wicked machine.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Ed,

If you are looking at getting out of ITC, another option would be to convert you car to H-Prod. It isn't that much more expensive to run compared to IT, and the car potentially becomes much faster...plus you have a pretty strong HP group out your way (at least Nationally). They are very competitive H-Prod cars, especially if you convert to the Si motor (found in the ITB cars).

Something to consider...

FYI - Beth Burkhard from out your way came out and played at the June Sprints with her ITC car this year and had a blast, despite being handicapped by running in ITC trim.
    2002 Cen-Div ITC Champ
    (Converted to G-Prod in 2003)
    (Bumped to H-Prod in 2008)
    2008, 2011 HP Cen-Div Champ
    2011 HP National Champ

Ed,

I agree with Andy. It looks like there are a couple of top notch "A" cars out there for sale. I'm sure there are several of those that you would be able to jump in and be at the front. I "think" (and I'm far from expert on Honda products) some of it depends on the track??

I think it would be great to have you join ITA. As you can see from the Pocono thread, the biggest "incident" all season has been one that involved no contact!! Very different than your current run group, huh??

Good luck!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

'92-'93 Integra RS, but I'm a little biased. Really, if someone threw me the money to do it, I'd love to see what I could do with a '92-'95 Civic EX or Si. Damn near 300lbs lighter than an Integra; that's nothing to scoff at.

...and yes, Lorenzo's CRX is pretty badass.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

A Civic EX, an Integra (DA or DC), a CRX, or a Civic Si. Even though I just finished my Civic Si, I really should have consider the EX a little harder.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

If I ever get the cage put into the 96 Civic Ex I have it should be a competitive package in A. I was hoping to have it ready for the Labor Day weekend at Summit but my cage builder is a bit behind schedule

What about 90-91 Prelude Si or 92 Prelude S, moere cc's, higher compression, bigger valves. Trans ratios maybe a little wider than Integra, brakes ~ same as 'tegs, weight about the same??

Or 93-97 Del Sol Si, mech same as 92-95 civic, ? better aero?, and a cage could deal with the "flexi flyer" status of the Del Sol?
    Ed Funk

Where are these front running ITA cars listed for sale? Didn't see any here and don't remember any from last issue of Sport Scar?
    Ed Funk

Last edited by Tkczecheredflag; 07-10-2008 at 06:56 AM.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

? Still trying to sell your car Tim?
    Ed Funk

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    ? Still trying to sell your car Tim?
    Carol is talking about heading south and making noise about "taking us to a next level", whatever that means. Yep - the car is still on "the block." Lot's of fun to drive and was freshened for '08 season.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

What about 90-91 Prelude Si or 92 Prelude S, moere cc's, higher compression, bigger valves. Trans ratios maybe a little wider than Integra, brakes ~ same as 'tegs, weight about the same??

Or 93-97 Del Sol Si, mech same as 92-95 civic, ? better aero?, and a cage could deal with the "flexi flyer" status of the Del Sol?
    Part availability and proven setup knowledge
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

I'm a big fan of the Integra as the best all-around chassis. Yup, the CRX will be faster at some places (Mid-Ohio), the Miata at most others, but the Integra has the best compromise for pretty much everywhere. I think if someone were to build a killer engine for one it would be untouchable. - GA

Prelude - In a word, "no". Parts availability, aftermarket parts availability, and the annoyance of working on a Prelude. I swear Honda had the interns design every Prelude ever built. I should say that that's realtively speaking to working on a Civic or an Integra.

Yea, I'd also seriously considered the Del Sol. Same drivetrain as the '92-95 Civic Si/EX, but with a much shorter wheelbase. I'd sure hate to have to find body panels for one though.

With shops like OPM & MSN building ITA Integra engines, I don't know how much more you could expect to see out of one. Yea, I'm still learning/developing with mine, but it's splitting the finest of hairs at this point.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I'm pretty sure tGA is thinking DC. I'd still like to see what a top notch ITA DC would do.

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    With shops like OPM & MSN building ITA Integra engines, I don't know how much more you could expect to see out of one.
    No offense intended to anyone, but that made me smile: I was told the same thing about Sunbelt and the SR20DE...

Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
    I'm pretty sure tGA is thinking DC. I'd still like to see what a top notch ITA DC would do.
    I still don't know my Honda chassis codes, but I'm thinking the mid-90s and later? The car weighs slightly more in ITA, but as I understand it has opportunity for slightly higher power. Serra built one that showed promise, but he got side-tracked to F-Prod and Koni Challenge before it got fully sorted.

Plus, I think it's more visually attractive, and replacement body panels are PLENTIFUL. - GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 07-10-2008 at 10:13 AM.

'90-93 I think is DA
    '94-'01 I think is DC

When I think ITA I think round headlight DC and other DA. LOL

I'm pretty sure the DC Integra is going to be a brute in ITA if someone really develops one. I know the ITS version has some serious possibility. Maybe some ITS cars will be converted to ITA once the VIN rule goes away, hint hint.

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    Really, if someone threw me the money to do it, I'd love to see what I could do with a '92-'95 Civic EX or Si. Damn near 300lbs lighter than an Integra; that's nothing to scoff at.
    See you boys in ITA in '09! We'll see how the old red bucket does...

http://www.tracktimephotos.com/large...6_WGI_EAS_8576

Demetrius aka Mickey
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    Last edited by mossaidis; 07-23-2008 at 02:33 PM.