Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heartland Park - ONE MORE TIME

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    so.......i have a few questions.

a friend contacted me about co-driving sometime this year, as he needs one more race to keep his liscense active, and this is the only weekend that fits our schedule. how is the entry fee going to be structured? i would hope there's a significant discount to account for the 3 track sessions rather than 4? if i run qual and the race on sat, would he be allowed to start at the back of the grid on sun?
    The sup's and entry forms are not ready to be published at this time but should be shortly. I can't comment regarding the specific cost of this event for the IT Tour but I am certain that it will be much less than what the National drivers are paying.

As far as co-driving is concerned and a starting position for the second race - that would need to be discussed with the Racechair and or the SOM. This should be something that can be answered when the entry forms are finalized and available.

It will be good to see you on track this year!
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Quote Originally Posted by mustanghammer View Post
    The sup's and entry forms are not ready to be published at this time but should be shortly. I can't comment regarding the specific cost of this event for the IT Tour but I am certain that it will be much less than what the National drivers are paying.

As far as co-driving is concerned and a starting position for the second race - that would need to be discussed with the Racechair and or the SOM. This should be something that can be answered when the entry forms are finalized and available.

It will be good to see you on track this year!
    thanks Scott, good to hear about the reduced entry. whether it will/should be lower than what the RR was I don't know, but i'm glad someone is acknowledging that the rate should be significantly less than the NN.

i figured the co-driving thing would be a question for the people in white shirts. there are still a lot of obstacles to overcome to do this, but there's a chance. i've been itching real bad for the last month or so.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Hey hey now fellas. Don't leave me out of the bidding war. I can be had for only a half a set of hoosiers. However, the more tires you contribute the more mechanical problems I am likely to have. For some towing money I will even tape the entire race from behind you. Although, if I can't keep up, I'm not responsible for keeping you in view of the camera.

Seriously though, I am pumped at the numner of 7's that have shown up this year. And Topeka looks to have plenty. I doubt I'll make any other races this year, but Topeka is a definite yes.
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing

Well, it appears I have a "bidding war" on my hands now to deal with in IT7! I really am hoping we can come out as we would love to race on the track even if its from the back of the pack.

information on the entry fee would be hugely helpful, i've had a couple friends inquire about this event.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

The Sanctions have been recieved and the Sups approved.

Here is the pricing:

KVRG Last Chance Double National

PRESENTED BY SUPERIOR CHEVROLET, SUPERIOR TOYOTA/SCION and HUMMER of KC

Entry Fees:
    National Only $315.00
    National/National $495.00
    Restricted Double Regional $275.00 (For both)
    One car, two classes (one day) $150.00 (add to entry fee)
    One car, two classes (both days) $200.00 (add to entry fee)
    SRF/FE/SM Compliance Fee $ 10.00 (per sanction)

Online registration will be up in a few days.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

thanks Scott, I'll relay the information.

Here's to hoping I can make it.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

thanks Scott, I'll relay the information.

Here's to hoping I can make it.
    I'll drink to that
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Quote Originally Posted by ccasteel View Post
    Hey hey now fellas. Don't leave me out of the bidding war. I can be had for only a half a set of hoosiers. However, the more tires you contribute the more mechanical problems I am likely to have. For some towing money I will even tape the entire race from behind you. Although, if I can't keep up, I'm not responsible for keeping you in view of the camera.

Seriously though, I am pumped at the numner of 7's that have shown up this year. And Topeka looks to have plenty. I doubt I'll make any other races this year, but Topeka is a definite yes.
    Yea - IT7 racing looks strong this year and that is great! EP-LIte is how I like to think of it. All the fun without all the body work!!!!!

BTW I can contribute extra tapes for your film making! I may even have a set of 13" snow tires you can use if that helps to keep you in optimum video range
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

so there for SURE will be no practice or anything sunday morning? i'm having a real hard time working out something with a potential renter and i to split the weekend if sunday is race-only.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

so there for SURE will be no practice or anything sunday morning? i'm having a real hard time working out something with a potential renter and i to split the weekend if sunday is race-only.
    No, it is a race only on Sunday.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

looks like renter and I struck a deal. my car will be there, and I will be there, but I will not be driving the car.

add another ITA entry for #38.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Online Registration is OPEN!

26 signed up already - 2 in IT

www.dlbracing.com
    www.kvrg.org

This event promises to be something special with lots of National Drivers from all over the country expected to be in attendance. So here is your chance to be a part of the action and put on a great show. Don't forget that IT has the only race on Saturday so all eyes will be on us. Wouldn't a 30 car IT field be great!

See you there
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

I will be there with my car, but my co-driver will have the duties for both races. I will just be crewing for him, just as long as he realizes he's footing the registration bill.....
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

Well folks, so far we only have 3 entries in the I.T. race. I hope that KVRG's decision to include us is not another example of "No good deed goes unpunished". The 2.5 mile course at Heartland is a great track and well worth scraping together all your spare change to come to.
    ALEX WILEY

59 SAAB 750GT MINI STOCK 70-72
    67 NSU 1000TT C SEDAN 73-75
    67 NSU 1000 TTS GT5 81-82
    74 FIAT 128SL GT5 83-84
    71 DATSUN 510 MINI STOCK 89-91
    74 SAAB 99 ITB 92
    74 VOLVO 142 MINI STOCK 93-05
    84 VW GTI ITB 06-08
    87 VW GOLF GTI ITB #15 CURRENT

Default Well...

I will probably be there...but...I think only getting 3 sessions across 2 days is a turnoff to a lot of people. Locals will surely come out...I don't think you're gonna get a lot of travelers though, especially on Labor Day Weekend.
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
    I will probably be there...but...I think only getting 3 sessions across 2 days is a turnoff to a lot of people. Locals will surely come out...I don't think you're gonna get a lot of travelers though, especially on Labor Day Weekend.
    Yes, 4 sessions would have been better but there was no real way to squeeze another session for IT. The issue is the amount of time the National drivers are required to get in order for the event to meet the GCR definition of a National.

The last time IT was included in a National only weekend at HPT it was in the form of a single Restricted Regional. The result was a 15 car turn out that killed any chance for future inclusion. However, we recieved a reprieve this year because of the economy and the location of the 2009-2011 Run Offs. KVRG also learned from the past and added a second points race. So If you can, please support this event.

Disclaimer:

I'm NOT a decision maker with MiDiv or even KVRG. I have no special insight into next year. So what follows is pure opinion -MINE. I HOPE I am wrong.......

Things are changing and if were a betting man I would wager that events that cram as much racing and points opportunities into one weekend will become the norm not the exception. Along with this, racing regions and organizations (KVRG, MVRG, etc) are going to put on fewer events and the ones they put on are those that are likely to provide the best financial return. If I am right that means more double National events and fewer Regional only races. Why? National Racing has always had more support in this division than Regional racing - even before the Runoffs came to HPT. The lone exception to this is IT but as mentioned above it can be hard to fit IT into a National weekend. So, and again this is MY OPINION, unless we MiDiv IT drivers show our support when given the opportunity we may get left out in the future.

I'm not trying shame anyone into coming to HPT. It is a tough year and we have all had to make hard decisions.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Smile

Hey we are all the way up to 7 entrants in I.T. I would hate to have Chris come in "Next to Last" in ITB
    ALEX WILEY

59 SAAB 750GT MINI STOCK 70-72
    67 NSU 1000TT C SEDAN 73-75
    67 NSU 1000 TTS GT5 81-82
    74 FIAT 128SL GT5 83-84
    71 DATSUN 510 MINI STOCK 89-91
    74 SAAB 99 ITB 92
    74 VOLVO 142 MINI STOCK 93-05
    84 VW GTI ITB 06-08
    87 VW GOLF GTI ITB #15 CURRENT

Sorry; the count is going to go down by 1 car. Chris doesn't need the IT Tour races, but he does need to be ready for the HP races.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

It official! This is now the "Beat Matt in IT7" thread. Donations to the IT7 drivers who manage to finish ahead of Matt. "This brought to you by a shameless father rooting for his son. I'm Bud Scott and I approved this message!"