Thread: Heartland Park - ONE MORE TIME

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It official! This is now the "Beat Matt in IT7" thread. Donations to the IT7 drivers who manage to finish ahead of Matt. "This brought to you by a shameless father rooting for his son. I'm Bud Scott and I approved this message!"

Just checked out dlb registration list. You IT7 guys made me nervous registering at the last minute like that. I was about to suggest to Scott we switch to ITA and do a little team racing to come in 1st and 2nd. We'd toss my special coin to determine who gets 1st.
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing

Did not mean to make you nervous charles. I had a great time in topeka last time out so I would not miss it. Hopefully I can drive a little faster .

IT7...............................Well?

scott won saturday, not sure about sunday.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

IT7 results:

Saturday
    1st Scott Peterson
    2nd Charles Casteel
    3rd Matt Rivard
    4th Howard Duncan

Sunday
    1st Scott Peterson
    2nd Matt Rivard
    3rd Charles Casteel
    4th Howard Duncan

Sundays race consisted of only seven laps. The first 3 laps under green and the final 4 double yellow. Bummer of a way to end the season. Kinda makes me want to go to St. Louis now. I'll be running that one past the boss.
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing

Quote Originally Posted by ccasteel View Post
    Kinda makes me want to go to St. Louis now. I'll be running that one past the boss.
    That is nice to hear, I don't want that to be my last race of the year either. I was planning on going to st.louis.

First thing that I have to say is that I appreciate the fact that the KVRG put us on the schedule so that we could race at Heartland one more time. The second thing is that I believe that Sundays race could have been done better. Due to a serious crash, a 12 lap race was shortened to a 7 lap race in which 3 laps were under a double yellow. In essence, it was a 4 lap race. We did not get our moneys worth. I know why they did it, they had a schedule to keep. Why could we not have raced last? If any of you in the KC/Kansas area have any pull with the KVRG Board, perhaps that issue can be discussed.

Before anybody feels the need to point out that it did not effect me (who was up against the wall by turn 8) that issue has allready been discussed with the Operating Steward. Brain Fade, Lack of Concentration, loose nut behind the steering wheel-all apply.
    ALEX WILEY

59 SAAB 750GT MINI STOCK 70-72
    67 NSU 1000TT C SEDAN 73-75
    67 NSU 1000 TTS GT5 81-82
    74 FIAT 128SL GT5 83-84
    71 DATSUN 510 MINI STOCK 89-91
    74 SAAB 99 ITB 92
    74 VOLVO 142 MINI STOCK 93-05
    84 VW GTI ITB 06-08
    87 VW GOLF GTI ITB #15 CURRENT